on 21 June 2013
Okay....the reason I'm giving this toy a one star rating is.......once you've put it together there is absolutely no way of taking it apart again....I can't believe that noone else has mentioned this as storing or moving it becomes a major operation! I contacted Fisher Price and they confirmed that "Once the piano unit has been snapped into place it becomes a one time assembly unit and can not be taken apart" well thanks Fisher Price.....they offered to send a prepaid label for me to return it and then offered vouchers for either argos or toys r us.....funnily enough this is not what I wanted! I liked the toy, colourful, tuneful bla de bla.....its just I hadnt realised how irritating this particular aspect of it is!

I had bought this as a present for my grandson, who lives a hundred miles away, and put it together to check that everything worked....error....once it is assembled it doesnt even fit into a blanket box let alone a bag.......

The toy itself is fabulous.....but the fact that NOWHERE on the packaging or the assembly instructions does it mention that the assembly is a "one time assembly unit" really pisses me off.

All other playmats advertise their ease of "packing up and taking with you" so I suppose I should have realised that this omission meant once its up its up and..... tough if you don't live in a big enough house to accomodate it.

So a large raspberry to Fisher Price....and hopefully by posting this review I 'll save other people from this mistake...surely it is not beyond the skills of a toy designer to have a release button to deconstruct the piano unit from the arms making it possible to transport from one place to another without getting a taxi......I challenge someone from the customer care department at Fisher Price to carry this on the London Underground for even one stop. Come on Fisher Price...Sort it out!
on 17 January 2013
This video shows my 2 months old baby appreciates and enjoy this product. I'm convince that for a baby of young age, this product help contributes on their development. It is a good purchase!

The only downside is that the mat is too thin, but it's not bothersome.
on 5 January 2013
I love this play gym, as does my daughter, who is happy under it for quite a while already (3 months old) especially the mirror!
She has mainly used it in the "traditional" way as shown in the picture so far but it provides lots of stimulation from the mirror, toys (all in easy reach of a small babies hands) and as she is a very active baby who loved kicking, the piano is a great addition for her.
I look forward to using it more in the "tummy time" arrangement with the bar lying flat and later as a piano to sit at. The fact that the play gym is so versatile and grows with your baby makes or excellent value even at full price, the fact that I bought it at a reduced price makes me love it even more (although after using it, I would pay full price for it)
on 23 April 2014
I have twin girls and they love this toy. We've been using this since they were around 2 months old and this is still they favorite entertainment (they are 4 months old now).
They both fit in this (side by side) and they love looking themselves in the mirror and playing with the toys. Toys are nice and relatively big, in bright colors, so they look very interesting to them. The mat can be detached very easily and can be washed in washing machine and also dries very fast.
Piano plays nice music, it can work in two different modes, so when one mode gets boring, I just switch it to the other one and it gets back smiles at their faces.
We’ve got this as a gift when they were born and this is the best and the most useful gift of all :)
on 6 June 2013
Really this is an amazing toy for kids from the age 3months on wards. My daughter loves it alot. At 3rd month she started playing with toys, she is mostly attracted to the toys attached above, so that she can easily grab it and play, sometimes she used to place it on her mouth, the material they used was excellent, so that they designed in such a way that it wont hurt baby's little gums. Instead of buying teethers and other items, this toy benefits them. She is now 6months old, she is playing the piano awesomely.Month by month she is liking it, the features of this design was specially manufactured by experts of kids, its of no doubt....

Loved it really, Thanks to fisher price, actually we bought it for $50.
on 4 February 2013
Had been searching for baby gym for about 4 months as my sister had asked for one for when my nephew arrived. The ones that i liked were all a bit on the pricey side but then whilst doing my daily searches noticed that this had gone down to half price. Loved the fact that it adapted to entertain baby whilst they progressed and even able to make use of the piano to help keep baby entertained whilst sitting. Had a quick look when arrived and seems in good working order so just need to try it out on baby although friend had one for her baby daughter and heard nothing but praise for it. Wouldn't have purchased at full price so really pleased managed to get it half price. bargain!
on 27 July 2013
My 4 month old loves this mat. She was 6 weeks early so only tiny but loves to reach for the toys, laugh in the mirror and kick the piano. There are 2 settings for the tunes so you can have a change by flicking the switch. The toys come off easily so can put them to hang on pushchair etc. It adapts for tummy time and also can be used as child gets older in a sitting position. Overall very good. However, I'm only giving 4 stars because the mat is very thin and i have wood floors so i have to put a baby quilt on floor then put the mat on top
on 11 January 2013
I think my son gets over-stimulated on this gym and doesn't last more than 30 mins on it. Said that, the time he does spend on it he is completely entertained and he loves it!!! Recently he has started using the toys and arch to turn himself round, that is to say he will end up with his head towards the piano and his legs off the mat...even more excercise which he finds hysterical!

The downside is that the mat itself is slightly on the thin side, if it was slightly more padded it would be perfect! I bought it on offer on amazon.co.uk so definitely think it was worth the money, not sure I would have paid the full price for it as it is pretty expensive.
on 25 November 2013
I bought this second hand for my little girl and she loves it. I have been lying her on it since birth and now at 3 months she smiles at herself in the mirror that hangs from the bar above her, kicks her feet against the piano and grabs at the toys. I love the fact that when she is big enough to sit up the piano tilts so she can sit up to it and play it like a normal piano. We have only tried the play arch on the floor once but having the mirror at floor level encouraged my little one to lift her head and see herself. From a parent's point of view the fact the mat detatches for washing and tumble drying is brilliant.
on 6 December 2012
I bought this for my 3 month old as he loves kicking his legs. When we first put him in it he was unsure but once he got the hang of it and realised he was making the noise he loved it. So much in fact that when we got him ready to go out and put him in the buggy he took the hump! The toy arch is fab aswell. Sturdy and the toys are within easy reach for him to touch and play with. Very colourful too. I would recommend this to anyone. Well worth the money we paid. Keeps him entertained whilst I tidy up or have a quick bath knowing he won't fall anywhere. Also delivery was fantastic. Came bang on delivery estimate.

See one answered question