The compilation was put together by Jackson Browne and spans 1972 to 2002 with tracks in chronological order. Disc 1 covers 1972 to 1977, and disc 2 continues with 1977 through some leaner times up to 2002. OK so you're not in your 60's, but you may have seen his set at Glastonbury in 2010, in which case you're going to recognise a lot of those tracks on both CDs.

Musically there's the days of the Laurel Canyon set with David Crosby and Graham Nash harmonising on Doctor My Eyes. Elton John and Glen Frey provide piano and backing vocal on Redneck Friend. The soft West Coast feel was replaced by his political stance in the 1980s. The arrangements have a bigger sound in the late 80's and up to 1996. In 2002 he appears to have been looking for a different sound as Bob Clearmountain is credited with mixing The Naked Ride Home album.

Some of the tracks are not as strong, but even then, the great tracks make this one of the bargain CDs of 2011.
on 1 June 2017
So this album is the very best of the songs that Jackson Browne has recorded. Indeed that might well be the case. But as Jackson Browne has possibly never recorded a duff track then other than deciding what to leave off the record due to space restrictions compiling this CD should have been an easy job. Although I've been listening to JB for a long time I've never owned a record by him. This offering, to my ears, is excellent! I would say if you don't have any JB records and want just one, this album is a good choice.
on 26 January 2017
I knew most of the songs but was pleased to get them all on this excellently priced CD. Jackson is one of the greats when it comes to singer/songwriters.
on 16 July 2017
Absolute favorite singer, so to have so many brilliant songs on one CD is heaven! Highly recommend
on 21 June 2017
Some great songs on the album. Didn't realise, JB was so good.
on 20 September 2015
Wonderful CD enjoyed all of his music on this CD would recommend it to anyone
on 4 March 2017
GREAT MIXTURE OF JACKSON BROWNE SONGS,AND THE MP3 DOWNLOAD WAS A BONUS.
on 20 March 2014
As I used to own most of his albums I knew what I was getting, and it all still sounds great...................................................except the only thing in the house that will play it is my bluray player. I've tried it in three different computers and all I get is the song with bonus distorted noise too. It also shows up as empty in Windows Explorer.

I thought I had a duff disk, so asked Amazon to exchange it but the replacement is the same. I know amazon give you mp3s, but its not the same, and if it was ripped I would prefer flacs.
So to sum up, great artist, great songs, crap copy protection.
on 9 April 2016
I wish I could review it but as yet I have been unable to download it! It seems that every time I buy Amazon MP3 music the system changes and it gets harder and harder to download. Three times yesterday it took hours and hours then crashed. Can't get Amazon Music to open - the circle "thing" just spins and nothing happens. Quite frustrating as I don't have much time to sit at a computer.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2014
2nd CD set recieved and in perfect condition.