on 2 April 2014
After many years service the flush valve in my toilet cistern began to fail, allowing water to continually run into the toilet pan.

As with most flush valves it was likely to be a problem with a valve seal (soft rubber washer) not the flush valve itself. One quick turn, anticlockwise, and the valve was out revealing a rubber seal at its base that had a number of 'water blisters' on it. These blisters were the culprit by slightly lifting the seal and preventing a watertight fit. I simply punctured the blisters with a pin and replaced the flush valve. Problem temporarily solved, the valve shut off after flushing, as it should, with no water continually running into the pan.

I found the required seal on Amazon when I looked up Geberit Flush valves (the name written on the valve itself) and for less than £2 I have now received and replaced the old seal. This has saved me £££s on a complete replacement valve when only the seal needed replacing, and even more £F££s had I called out a plumber to do this very easy task. It is also my understanding that these new transparent seals are not prone to blistering as was the old grey version. perfect for many years to come and well recommended.
on 29 January 2015
I was suffering from a hissing toilet :) where a small amount of water was trickling thru - after much messing around to see if I could fix it I couldn't. I looked on you tube for some advice and many said replace the flush system and buy a new one - which I was going to do, but when I saw the price of £30 to £40 - I thought there must be a better way, surely.
Anyway after looking on Amazon and finding this I thought their was nothing to lose by just changing the plastic seal for a couple of quid. It too a few seconds to replace it and hey presto - it was fixed and no more problems.
on 29 May 2017
These seals stretch and discolour. If you have water leaking into the pan this should be the first thing you change. My seal had stretched so that it was too big for the sleeve and the plunger wouldn't drop. Dead easy to fit too.
on 1 May 2017
Perfect replacement for grey bubbling inserts - I'd turned them over after 5 years to extend their life but now time for a new one! Thanks guys, must be saving me £££ on my water bills! :-)
on 15 June 2017
Splendid stoped our toilet from running.
on 1 June 2017
Does the job
on 12 April 2017
I purchased this along with other,products as spares,knowing that I had a "back up" when something went wrong,peace of mind I think you call it.Or as we used to say in the Cub/Scouts "Be Prepared"
on 25 May 2017
Great
on 2 May 2017
Does what it says on the tin
on 30 March 2017