Style Name: Trio|Change
Price:£29.99 - £44.99

on 23 November 2011
This is our 3rd set of cordless phones in about 5 years. The first two were BT phones and we'd found what most people do, that after a while - perhaps about 2 years - the batteries don't charge up so well and the phones go dead very easily.

For our last set of cordless phones, I bought replacement rechargeable AAA batteries (Duracell, so a good brand) but that didn't really help a lot, as I think its the phone's charging units which go.

My parents have had similar problems with Panasonic brand, so we decided to steer clear of both BT and Panasonic when choosing these. Siemens are a good quality company, so we chose these ones.

You can spend quite a lot more than we did on a set of cordless phones, with the top of the range Siemens Gigaset costing something like £150. To be honest, we just wanted decent quality entry level phones, as we don't use them a great deal because we have good mobile phones that we use more often.

These phones are clear in sound. You do have to turn the ringer volume up, as the pre-set volume (3) is not very loud. But turning it up to 5 is perfect. The selection of ring tones leaves a little to be desired, but there are a couple of standard ones.

Inputting numbers is a little bit of a drag. On our old ones, you could insert a sim card and it would take all of the numbers from there. These phones don't have that function, but to be honest, its not that much of a big deal. Once you're in the zone of inputting them, it gets done pretty quickly.

I would recommend these to anybody wanting basic, but good quality, cordless phones.
on 7 October 2013
My recent purchase was the fifth phone of this type that I bought. Initially I got a set of 3 for my household and, much impressed over long-term use, bought them as presents for two relatives whose existing cordless phones were crummy! It is quite simply the best value for money I've found in a cordless phone. It has an excellent sound quality and, if you take care to charge the battery correctly right from the start, has a seemingly endless battery life. I've had my set of 3 for more than 3 years and haven't noticed any degradation in quality. Highly recommended.
on 25 July 2013
Good price for a premium manufacturer but still very surprised to find faulty screens on two of the three handsets. Amazon return system worked perfectly though and we are now very satisfied with the replacements.
Likes: Sound
Battery life
Clear display (when all lines working!)
Style
Ability to transfer directory between handsets
Dislike: Difficult to understand previous calls and redial.
on 10 August 2012
When my old BT cordless gave up charging i bought a panasonic which was not compatible with the broadband filters, so i returned iot and bought this phone. What a great phone it is. Easy to use has all the functions i needed and all in all a brilliant phone. Thoroughly recommend it
on 1 July 2012
Bought this after yet another BT phone stopped charging. Did a bit of research on a different Gigaset phone which was unfortunately out of stock. But as this one has an endorsement from Which? on it I bought this one instead. It was easy to set up, the batteries need charging for 6 hrs before use which isn't as long as some. It comes with a pretty good manual that explained how to set the date and use the answer machine and also how to input your phone book. The good thing about these phones is that you can send the phone book to the other phones so you don't have to input it twice. The phone sounds nice and clear and can be used hands free. The only downside is the choice of ringtones. Similar to the old polyphonic mobile tones of 10 yrs ago but they are not too bad. All in all a nice looking phone, feels sturdy enough and at the price I paid, well worth it.
on 19 July 2013
Fed up with battery failings so bought these to replace our panasonic phones after reading the write-ups. Absolutely great reception good battery performance seem reliable so far, ringtones are not as bad as some.
on 4 September 2014
Battery life is poor, choose a model with AA not AAA cells.

For a tenner more you can bet bigger batteries and a lot more features. Look further up the Gigaset range.Bought my partner a C620, loads better.
on 25 April 2012
I bought this phone to replace a Panasonic KX-TG2511 that I had to return to Amazon as it was very crackly and there was a lot of feedback when talking on it, which was very annoying. (Amazon's returns policy was outstanding.) This phone is different again, the reception is crystal clear. I had to pay a bit more than the Panasonic but it was well worth it.
on 12 May 2016
I already own a 6 year-old Siemens Gigaset SL735 and needed to link the new one to the old base, worked first time. So I now have 2 phones on one base and the new one is ideal, light and 'ergonomic' - very easy to use, high quality sound, I prefer it to the old one which cost 4 times as much!
on 6 September 2013
Good features, easy to use, with a very clear screen and simple menu and excellent sound quality. Great value too.