Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 18 August 2004
Rosie Goodwin is a fabulous new writer and I can see many more riviting stories to come out of this author! Rosie's writing style enables you to envision the characters so clearly they seem to be truly alive. She hooks you in and you can't get loose from her gripping words! This story has surprising twists also. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you think. I'm a fairly fast reader, but it took 1/2 a box of tissues and nearly an hour for me to get through 3 pages near the end of this book because I couldn't stop sobbing! I loved this book and rather hated to see the story end. Rosie keeps you wanting for more! Well done Rosie! Let's see some more!
on 14 April 2005
This is the first book by a new author and she is compared to Josephine Cox. I think she is even better.
The characters are warm and believable, and it is a real page-turner.
I am really looking forward to reading Rosie Goodwin's next novel.
on 15 February 2005
The book is about a young mother who flees from a bad marriage to her safe childhood home. It has you hooked from the word go.
Enjoy! hope there is many more to come.xx
on 30 April 2007
This is the first book I have read by Rosie Goodwin and to say it's fantastic is an understatement! I couldn't put it down and it had me reaching for the tissues on more than one occasion. It's the most believable and touching book I have ever read - and I've read many many books!

I can't wait to read more of this brilliant author's work.
on 21 June 2004
Written in the style of Josephone Cox but far less predictable, this is a first novel for this author but I am sure there will be more. A writer with a bright future.
The story is set around a battered wife and her son who can finally take no more of her husband's violence and involvement with criminals. Desperate to escape, she ends up at the house where she grew up. Her mother runs an animal sanctuary at the house called Tanglewood. Unfortunately, her husband finds out where she is. Desperate to escape the criminals pursuing him, he blackmails anyone he can in order to acquire money to escape, but he can't quite let go of his wife and son, though he doesn't care tuppence for them. Eventually he gets his come uppance and our heroine finds happiness. An enjoyable read.
on 23 June 2011
This is an absolute must for readers who wish to be swept up into the lives of the characters. This is Rosie Goodwin at her best. Read this book and you will instantly become a avid fan of the author.
on 4 May 2016
Another really good book by Rose Goodwin. The story of Louise who fled from her abusive husband to live with her Mother makes a story that kept me on reading and not wanting to leave the book. An unexpected ending too.
on 21 November 2015
Will certainly be reading more of Rosie Goodwin books,has a way off drawing in her readers that you find yourself so engrossed in the story you find it hard to put the book down...keep up the good work Rosie...
on 9 April 2016
I am now working my way through all of her novels having recently discovered Ms Goodwin. My usual genre is crime and physiological thrillers and must admit I am finding all her novels a refreshing change. It is now the early hours of the morning and wasn't going to put this down until I'd finished it. Sorry I've now done just that. The Bad Apple has to be one of my favourites with such warm characters as the lovely Dolly and the handsome dark horse Charlie. Highly recommended .
on 23 January 2015
A well written novel sited in an area I know well to add a bit more interest but this does not defer from a good story that runs along smoothly with all the characters being introduced in an uncomplicated way so no head starching.