Top critical review
310 people found this helpful
I would advise caution with this device
on 30 November 2011
I brought the tablet after reading the reviews on here and decided it would be worth a go. I brought it with the intent of using it mainly as an ebook reader, for uni where I can access and modify documents and as a general internet browser. As an ebook reader it is fantastic, does exactly what it needs to! Also Andriod systems are awesome. However, I have learnt to my cost that you most definitely get what you pay for. A few pointers to be aware of if your going to buy.
- To clear up potential confusion. WM8650 refers to WonderMedia (WM)and 8650 is the type of processor in the tablet.
- If your going to root (advised) do your homework, an hour of reading will save ALOT of hassle. I used uberoid v9 option 8.
- Battery indicator does not say how much battery is left, I don't know if this is just my tablet but it is not useful and it will suddenly die on you.
- The tablet is very slow. Takes ages to do anything, but again, you get what you pay for.
- The touch screen is very finicky, trying to type with it can test your patience to the limit!
- Whatever you do, DO NOT REMOVE the thin film cover on the screen until you have brought a proper replacement. The actual screen I managed to scratch with my thumb nail, this is no exaggeration. It now has numerous scratches after only half a day of use.
If your looking for a basic tablet then this is worth a go as long as you do not expect too much but I do find it frustrating to use. I would not recommend it to friend.
I hope people find this useful and can make an informed decision!