on 2 November 2011
I bought the BlackBerry PlayBook - Tablet - 16 GB - 7" TFT 1024 x 600 - rear camera + front camera - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth thinking I want something different and after reading a number of reviews and doing research online, that this will the one. However, I was wrong. When I initially received it I was very impressed with the quality of the product along with the screen, graphics and usabillity but that is pretty much where the pro's stop. The device keeps on disconnecting from my wireless broadband every few minutes which means constant interruptions while working on it if not connected to my BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 Sim Free Smartphone. The Blackberry App World is so basic and boring and has got a long way to go to compete with the Android and Apple Stores. Some apps seems to be interesting however you get charged extortionate amounts to download. The Playbook is perfect for beginner users of tablet technology but not for the more advanced users. I still have the Playbook but take my advise and rather pay extra and get one of the more advanced Android or Apple tablets. This product is not too bad, but there are definitely better one's out there.
on 4 March 2012
I've had two of these Playbooks now, after I sent the first one back for repair. Neither of them had touchscreens that worked. The first one I had to jab repeatedly to get apps to open. The second one the slider on the Kobo feature doesn't work. In both Playbooks the Tetris blocks slam down at only a slight touch (that's meant to rotate them). It also doesn't connect to the wireless at my workplace. I can't speak poorly enough of this product. I'm only glad I got it on sale, and didn't pay £430 for it.
on 16 August 2012
im very disappointed about this product.this tablet has no skype and all apps are too much cost.and the browser always keep crashing. waste of money. android tablets are better.
on 28 December 2011
The bb play book on the surface appears to be a pretty neat device but after a few days I'm finding it massively frustrating and lacking.

Firstly, I'm not an app person, I use a few fundamental apps like Facebook, twitter and eBay and was shocked to discover that Facebook is the only one available. Granted, everyone says to use the browser but apps utilise the available screen real estate and features of the device, on twitter I can barely read the text and I have 20/20 vision.

Other issues I'm finding are lack of customisation options. The screen is quirky and generally requires to be tapped rather than touched resulting in the need to multiple touch just to get something carried out. Also, the screen is pretty unforgiving and requires a lot of accuracy with no give whatsoever, not comparable to the characteristics of the iPad.

Don't be fooled by the size of this device, it's 7" that weighs as much as an iPad and is squashed to a smaller size, making it feel weighty and cumbersome in the hand.

It's not all doom and gloom, I would say that the screen is sharper than the iPad, in web browsing I find the text a little aliased with an iPad and considerably sharper on the play book.

Overall I can honestly say that the play book is a huge disappointment. I understand that rim are supposed to be releasing a v2 update to the qnx os but I would discourage people from supporting this buy now, we'll update later mentality. The tablet market is pretty crowded and rim are going to have to pull out all the stops just to keep up.

If you can stretch to it, I'd go for the ipad, buy once, buy right and have a much more pleasant and unified computing experience across the board!
44 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have iPad 2 with annoying lack of flash so I thought PB can fill the gap and play the content I want, TV channels online directly from their pages. It failed to play the videos. So I had to return it.

No major company like google supports it with their apps. Also TuneIn isn't available as an app. App World is very unattractive with poor icons and most importantly with almost no apps. 200 apps maybe there, most of them of no use at all. A joke. I am not a fan of downloading 100s of apps but I need my core ones at least. Documents to go is there but I couldn't figure out how to print any documents. Also I sell on Amazon and some active buttons do not work. Another joke.

What you can do with it? Browse the web, play videos, facebook...hmmm...that's about it.

No native email, flash not working on all web pages, no apps, poor battery, no print options, Amazon website not fully functional.

This thing is worth some £100 to me. If you want cheap tablet get Amazon Fire. If you want proper one get iPad2 or Samsung Tab 10.1. That's my opinion.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2011
Hello, Blackberry was sent on time and I am very pleased with it and the speed it was sent to me.

Well done
on 12 June 2012
I believe this to be a very inferior tablet, I wish I had gone for the Ipad. There are hardly any apps and the ones there are you have to pay for. There is a problem with the batteries on these. I switched it off and am unable to get it back on. There are a million and one things you are supposed to try to get it restarted but to no avail. Not happy that I wasted my money on this! This is also very slow wen connected to the wifi.
Ok so you may think this is a one off and I got a faulty one. This happens a lot and have read lots about it on the forums. Try another tablet and stay clear!
on 18 July 2012
Having bought many different pieces of kit, and having manfully resisted Apple's insistent marketing, I was tempted by Playbook. I've been a BlackBerry user for many years. What could go wrong? Well, just about everything. It is a nasty, capricious, unresponsive little tablet that has only one redeeming feature - the camera is quite good. Everything else is so utterly poor, disappointing or simply disgraceful - the Kobo books app, for example, did everything but let you buy the book - that it is little wonder that RiM, BB's makers, are failing. I feel completely ripped off, which I hate. As much as I hate this. Do not touch this. Save your money and buy one of the two tablets that actually work.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2011
For those who have managed to get one of these working well done, this is the first BB product I have bought and will be the last, the setup should have been a breeze. Its connection, or should I say multiple attempts at connecting were too numerous to count, it failed to connect to my PC for an update and even whilst attempting to upload a new OS continually asked for the wifi to be setup. A total nightmare and its going back.
on 13 July 2014