on 11 July 2011
Not his best but very good. I cannot judge it as a work of social commentary (my loss) as I don't know enough about the era, but it is very funny. All his works contain gems and I have found that those gems change over time (which means to me that they are very subjective) so it is difficult to differentiate. But this is very good and you should read it.
on 10 January 2014
'An Ideal Husband' is right up there with 'The Importance of being Earnest' and if you haven't read that either then you have two wonderful reads waiting.
on 28 July 2013
I had never Oscar Wilde before but, although this is a play, found it a lovely story. As it is written in script format it takes a little while to get into. O care e you are though, it is worth the perseverance.
on 27 January 2014
I love Oscar Wilde and this edition has tried to spoil it for me by not using capital letters for names and by typographical errors. Shame...
on 10 March 2013
A touching story wittily told :) I enjoyed ever second of it! Many many many amazing quotations! Suitable for all ages and sexes :)
on 29 January 2013
I have read a number of Oscar Wilde's writings and have found them very amusing. He has a sharp witt and is very entertaining.
on 12 October 2013
Humorous and funny, I don't think there can be any criticism of this play. Easy bedtime reading :) absolutely recommended
on 3 January 2014
Great play, formatted well and easy to read. Well worth spending a bit of time to be familiar with this classic play.
on 25 April 2015
What can one say about Oscar Wilde that has not already been said? He said it himself when asked at American customs if he had anything to declare, "Just my genius". This play is simply perfect and I cannot wait to play Lord Caversham at the Harlequin Theatre, Northwich in June 2015.
Alan Lowe.
on 18 December 2016
I have just watched the Alexander Korda film of this clever, funny play. It's out on DVD now in technicolour. A must see just for that master of timing, Michael Wilding, as Lord Goring, not to mention brilliant costumes and sets.