on 17 June 2017
Plot was, once again, very enjoyable. The addition of a new character, who is a little bit of an enigma, was interesting. I did feel Marcella was a little too weak (for my liking) in this one compared to last book, but that kind of seemed the point. I felt the writing didn't quite flow as well as the first book, or seem quite as in-depth. Would still recommend reading it though, and I am going to buy the next book. Will be interesting to see where the wider plot will take us next.
on 5 March 2017
Fascinating twisting story
on 9 April 2017
Very dramatic ending
on 15 May 2012
I don't usually read detective novels but this one was free and I like to support other Indie authors. I liked it and loved the extra dimension of the paranormal (now that I like and why I prefer writing fantasy). A well written story with good characters and plot.
on 31 March 2016
would purchase from seller again very happy with goods bought and service provided
on 20 August 2012
I think it was something different and enjoyed its easy read, I was on holiday so had plenty of time on my hands and read several books in a week this being one of them. The story line is gripping and interesting and not at all what I would of expected.
on 7 June 2017
very good well written thoroughly. enjo yable once started couldn't,t put it down. Good story, well put together keep them coming
on 11 April 2015
Ok for a freebie!
on 9 April 2013
Magic and mistery are my thing. Like the action and constant comotion. The story is not boring. I'llrecomend the book to friends.
My criticism would be that the plot's not too original and it all gets a little bit predictable. Not necessarily a negative comment but, reflects the amount of paranormal/detective stories currently on the market and some of the "big boys", such as Stephen Leather, are running their own series of books on pretty similar subjects. You've got to be at the top of your game as a writer to compete in that field and, for that reason, I found "Eye of the Witch" a little bit lightweight, not dark enough to carry the supernatural elements and I'd guessed the ending long before I got there which killed the tension. However; the positives are that this is a free download and, as such, is head and shoulders above what I expected in terms of quality of writing and character development. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Detective Marcella and found him quirky and eccentric which gave a nice dark, humorous edge to the plot. This is an OK read, though nor particularly challenging, and I'd be happy to read more by this author in the future, though not more in this series.