on 9 November 2011
Despite some appalling mishaps over delivery (it took three attempts and a little short of 2 weeks to get my hands on this item!) I was filled with a happy glow of satisfaction when I finally opened the brown Amazon box.

This is a big item, much larger than I expected and is built to a good level of quality, all adjusters are spring loaded and simple to operate, and have a reassuring feel to them. The plastic elements to the unit are a little "fisher price" in their aesthetic appearance and perhaps time shall tell if they are up to the job...long term...but so far I've had no issues hanging a pretty heavy full susser and a light and nimble roadie...along with all the kids runabouts and my wifes shopping bike...it accepted them all and the clamps/brackets are all adjustable enough to ensure that cables are not caught under top tubes of the varying shapes of bikes I own.

I've clamped to the seatpost, top tube and even the down tube of my kids susser.

Only limitation I've found so far is in the rotational strength of the horizontal bar. It is clamped to the main body of the unit by a small black clamp (at the top of the black post in the centre of the image) that is tightened by an allen key (again can bee seen in the image on top of said black clamp), if your bike is hanging off centre the whole clamp can rotate (under pressure of turning a crank) and the front wheel will, as a result begin to drop. Best to let it drop as the important wheel is kept elevated throughout...if front wheel servicing is required, either find a more central position to hang the bike, or support under the bars from your workbench.

Would also had been nice to have some vertical adjustment (which would help with the above) but...for this price, what did I expect.

Overall.

Good strong, more than fit for purpose, more adjustment would be a plus.
on 18 February 2013
Should be articulated at the second joint with stronger clamps.

But for the price and for home hobby maintenance on light bikes, shes fine would still recommend.

At the price u could get 2 and fit side by side
on 31 July 2013
Choose because of ease of size as my garage has limited space, no problems so far apart from the front gripper being unable to lock fully around the angled cross post despite tightening the nut to the closest setting with the result that the bike frame when mounted moves around from sheer weight, however since drilling a small hole through and putting a split pin in this section, the problem is now resolved.
on 16 October 2013
As long as you have a reasonably stable bench to mount it on you should be fine. I doubt that you could get anything else as good for the money, and it's the same clamp as used on some of the full size stands.
To use it, you'll need about 4" minimum of tube to clamp to, as that's the length of the clamp itself. Usually this means that the seat will need to be high enough to provide at least 4" of seat pillar to clamp to, if you don't want to have to adjust the seat height each time. Alternatively you may find somewhere else to clamp, as long as you're careful that you choose somewhere strong enough.
To avoid the pedals hitting the bench each time they turn, in my case I fitted the edge of the clamp level with the edge of the bench to give maximum pedal clearance, and it works really well for me.
Also, I find that it's best to leave the front wheel touching the ground, which prevents too much load on the clamp. If you don't have the front wheel on the ground, I think that unless you have a very lightweight racing bike, it's likely to twist in the clamp. At least that's what I've found.
Having said that, I wouldn't be without it. It's a great and a bargain at the price. I highly recommend it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2012
Excellent value for money-I fixed to a very sturdy low table in my garage and allows easy cleaning & maintenance, with no damage to frame.
on 13 November 2012
The bike cycle repair stand is very good value for money it is well made & can be mounted on your work bench or a wall in your workshop / garage.
on 16 October 2015
I got what I expected, & it does what I expect of it. The shape of the clamp will definitely suit some frame tube shapes better than others.
on 2 February 2014
I use mine mounted on a block of wood clamped in an old workmate. It's well made - and should last the amateur user for quite a while
on 16 July 2014
Solid and reliable , would be better if having also a level adjustment .
on 26 August 2014
as advertised and arrived promptly