Format: Vinyl|Change

Digitalism are German-based duo Jens Moelle and Ismail Tufekci.
Together they make fairly jolly electronic dance music. Their
2007 debut 'Idealism' was full of crisp and dry, big dirty beats,
often (as with opening track 'Magnets') not a million miles
away from the sonic territory inhabited by the likes of Daft Punk.

Their new album, 'I Love You, Dude', has ten tracks and finds them
digging deeper into the art of songwriting than they have previously.
It is a satisfying development. '2Hearts' is an especially fine example
of their capacity to craft a good tune and chorus and run with it.

Elsewhere the spirit of the eighties is never too far away. The brash and
deliciously squelchy Moroder-esque beats of opening track 'Stratosphere'
is a perfect little example of retro-economy brought bang up to date.
'Circles', too, chitters and chatters along energetically on a wave
of ear-bruising bass, soaring synths and deadpan vocals. It's a hoot!

I particulary enjoyed the dangerously noisy rock antics of 'Reeperbahn'
(machine-music to rattle your kneecaps and wake the neighbours) and the
curious semi-acoustic quasi-medieval shenanigans of 'Just Gazin''.

Top marks, however, go to the stuttering and staggering behemoth 'Miami
Showdown'. If this track lumbered into your hometown untethered very
few would emerge from the rubble unscathed! Dangerously addictive stuff!

Intelligent dance music with a heart as well a sound grasp of mathematics.

Recommended.
on 7 April 2013
I love this album. I mostly listen to it it in my car. It always rises my mood. It is digitalism's second album. And I think it is better than first.
on 6 July 2011
What a return for the digitalisim boys. apart from the obvious singles for me forest is the tune on the album. Easily one of my albums of the year!
on 24 August 2014
I hadn't previously listened to all the songs on I Love You, Dude before buying but wasn't disappointed when I did!
Better than Idealism in my opinion, with more memorable songs.
Just Gazin is a favourite!
on 29 July 2011
Digitalism burst onto the scene in 2007 with the excellent debut album 'Idealism'. After a lot of touring and dance tent festival appearances you cant help but get the impression the boys were under pressure to release some new material. Fans of the first album will also enjoy this as its essentially the same sound albeit not quite as instant a hit as the first. The tracks all groove along nicely with the familiar feel of trance and deep basslines, without ever blowing you way. My biggest dissapointment is that the album is too short - offering only 10 tracks at just 37 minutes long which for a dance act is unusual. Some of the tracks on this album you feel have longer to go but frustratingly end too soon. That all said it's still pretty good.
on 24 April 2016
Cracking album
on 20 May 2016
Brill
on 2 August 2011
This was easily the album I looked forward to the most this year. I saw the guys at their first UK gig and Idealism is an album which I totally love. This follow up has not moved on at all really. As I loved the first album, that would be fine but for the fact that the raw energy of the original has dissipated, leaving a just deflated vocal infused version of the first album. I'm sure/I hope that album 3 will mark a return to top form.
on 1 October 2011
I bought this album but I still hooked to electro, vocal themes are the most cost me but I think that gender is not only poor quality that only tracks I like without being voiced.

Me compre este álbum pero sigo sin engancharme al electro , los temas vocales son los que más me cuestan aunque considero que no es un género de mala cálidad lo único que solo me gustan los tracks sin ser vocalizados.