on 21 June 2012
Amazingly powerful - had to turn the power right down as it was pulling up carpet tiles !

Very light and compact - my wife has been having treatment for problems with her shoulder but found this easy to use without giving her any problems.

The long cord and hose means that you don't have to keep unplugging it and plugging it in somewhere else. We have previously had an upright cleaner - it is so much easier to just push a button to wind up the cord rather than having to stand there winding it up manually.

Easy to empty although you don't have to do this very often as the dust container is surprisingly large considering the size of the cleaner.

I thought that the house was fairly clean until I went round it using this !

Would definitely recommend it - much better than other cleaners that cost several times the price of this
on 30 January 2013
I bought this to replace another vax cylinder vacuum cleaner which dies when the motor overheated and died. I didn't particularly want another vax as the dead one was only 5 months old but I couldn't return it as I had changed the plug from a u.k. one to a European one and was told this had invalidated the warranty. Anyway, I based this purchase solely on price and reviews.
Some reviewers said the machine was too heavy for them and I have to say it is a little on the heavy side but as I only ever lift it out of the cupboards and back in again this is no big deal.
Suction is amazing, set on high it will suck the cat up if he doesn't run!
Emptying is very easy and not at all messy.
The cord is super long, much longer than other machines I've used and I can do the whole of my downstairs without changing sockets.
It's a tad on the noisy side for my liking but it's not as though it's on longer than 5 minutes at most.
On the whole,I'm very pleased with the thing.
on 18 January 2014
This vacuum had good reviews and was a great price on Amazon which is why we purchased it. It is powerful and relatively quiet, is light and looks good! Unfortunately though it has one major disadvantage. The dirt and dust is sucked up into the container but there are two separate points from hose to container that the dirt gets stuck, the air filter and another plastic filter in the container itself. This causes the motor to overheat and the auto cut off is activated which means a 2 hr wait until the motor cools down. We found you had to continually remove dust and debris from the filters half way through a house clean which was very annoying and messy. We have no pets and most of our floors are hard wood so I would consider us to have light dirt [if that makes sense!]. On the plus side, we returned the product for a full refund which Amazon was able to do very quickly and efficiently via the 'live chat' facility.
on 8 June 2012
The Vax Power 7 is a bagless cleaner, it is really easy to empty the dust collector. There is a min/max dial for how powerful you want the suction to be, which is good. You can adjust the lenght on the 'pole' to suit your height, which is useful, as all my previous vacuum have been one size fits all.Vax C89-P7-B Power 7 Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
on 1 June 2012
VAX Power 7 Cylinder C89-P7-B - A light but robust cylinder vacuum cleaner

This model includes one combination floor tool with a lever on it to adjust to different carpets (easy to flip). Telescopic metal extension tube on which the tool caddy clips snugly for the 3 accessories. Easy to assemble, easy to follow instruction booklet with diagrams. Felt light, and is, at 5.9kg - very important to me. It feels sturdy, has powerful 2200W, and has HEPA H12. All parts fit together well and it feels nicely finished off. The power cord is over 23 feet long and the hose is a generous 8 feet long. The big wheels seem to help it move smoothly across the carpet. The floor tool is 10 inches wide, quite narrow, but I like this as it gets in behind the loo etc!

First I vacuumed with my old vac, so I considered the carpets to be already clean. I then used the VAX C89-P7-B Power 7 Cyclinder, and found that a good handful of fluff and extra dirt has been lifted, so I feel as if it is giving a nice deep clean. It is surprisingly quiet, like a baby lion purring and not an irritating tone as some are.
Then I realised that I had it on low power. Turned the dial and increased the power and although it got noisier, it was still an acceptable noise level and the power was such that the carpet was lifting - very strong suction, more than needed really. The cylinder seems a bit bulky, not as slim-line as some designs, if storage space is an issue, but it does pack away neatly because the tube telescopes down and can be parked onto the base into a slot. The cord rewind is smooth.

For me at 5' 5" tall I find I am stooping just a little bit to use it and wish the tube extended further or were just slightly longer so I could keep a better posture.
It's easy to lift the large capacity (4L) dust container off the base. The catch to release the dirt works smoothly so it is quickly and easily emptied. Being able to wash the filters is a great bonus and will save money but you need to pick a time when the vac won't be needed for 24 hours as it needs to dry out thoroughly before replacing.

Overall a sound cleaner, with good responsive variable power, and straight forward operation, and a 2 year guarantee.
on 10 October 2012
I just bought it last month, so far so good it vacuums the house well and clean,and I like I can control the strength of the suction, however it is a little bit heavy for me. :)..
on 27 June 2014
This machine is easy to use has massive suction power, very long power cable and isn't to loud even when you've got the power dial set at its highest level. Some people who've revieved this type of bagless vacuum go on and on and on etc etc abour the need to clean the filters on a regular basis. The fact is that the machine is so good at picking up the dust and rubbish that is to small for the human eye to see that having these filters is the only way of stopping the dust being blown straight out the back of the cleaner and defeating the whole object of cleaning your carpet. If a quick wash under the tap and a couple of hours to dry is too much of a chore then get a machine where you've got to buy dust bag after dust bag.....I think you get the picture, Oh yes I nearly forgot you a 2 year guarantee not the normal one year as with most companies.
on 30 September 2011
I was pleased with the size of the vacuum when it arrived (bigger than I expected). I've used it a few times on hard floors and deep pile carpets and am very pleased with it on both. Only let down is the clip on accessories holder - it's a bit flimsy and bits keep falling off it. Other than that this is excellent value and I would recommend it. Better than my old dyson which was similar and a lot more expensive!
on 23 August 2012
Very pleased with this.
Plusses are its suction power, it's light weight and good size for stairs. The flexible tube length is very good although you have to be careful not to trip over the flexible tube.

The only minus is upright storage is awkward but that is manageable.
on 18 June 2014
As far as the cleaner itself, it's fine.
However, I am a retired housekeeper and i know vacuums! I am on my own; i vacuum my lounge and bedroom maybe once a fortnight. One month after the 2 year warranty ran out the machine stopped. Took it to the repair shop; he came back with part no i needed to replace and told me he couldn't get it from Vax. I telephone Vax (twice) a high rated phone no., and was on for at least 30 minutes each time. This is what i was told - Vax don't have spare parts - just 'accessories' - hose, filters, etc. I asked why there was a part number on the 'part' - she couldn't tell me - but emphatically told me that they do not have them, ever. She offered me a discount on a new one. Another example of our 'disposable/throw away' items we buy. Never, ever, again. Very disappointed - i wouldn't touch this company with a barge pole.