on 25 July 2013
bought as a gift for a around and she doesn't stop raving about it! great quality, goodvalue for money and looks prettyti!! very speedy delivery!!
on 13 March 2014
My Mum in law really wants a Tagine and it is currently being sold with a Hamlyn colour cookbook and heat diffuser on a deal. I deliberately ordered early considering previous complaints of it arriving broken. Why has Amazon not invested in a bit of bubble wrap? I placed my order and when I opened the door to the delivery driver the first thing she said was 'should it sound like this' and gave it a shake. SHE told me to decline the package to save me postage costs sending it back as it was obviously in a million pieces without even opening the box. I have now re-ordered but I need this intact, ready for wrapping well before the 22nd. Please dont let me down Amazon.
on 14 January 2014
Very poor packaging, tagine cracked after first use in the oven at 180 Celsius degree. Complete waste of money!! Very disappointed. Also does not look like the picture mine is plain red the brand mason cash is not engraved on the top. Can I get a refund?!
on 12 December 2013
Got this for my partners birthday as he loves to cook but it cracked on its first use! Amazon was excellent and sent out a replacement, no quibble, and arrived the next day before id even sent the other one back.
on 28 February 2016
Two core complaints about this item, both of which have nothing to do with the item itself.

1. If you order fragile items online, be aware there's a chance they'll arrive broken. If in doubt, buy in the shop. I picked mine up from that catalogue shop ... ;) - and asked the person behind the counter to open it up before I took it away. It was packed securely within polystyrene - but nothing can survive delivery companies when they are determined.

2. If you use the tagine directly on the hob, over high heat, it's going to crack, period. If you use it in the oven (which you shouldn't do anyway), at temperatures over 200c, there's a good chance it's going to crack too. Get a heat diffuser. They can, however, be hard to find - and overpriced. What I did, is to use a camping toaster, taking off all the wire and using just the base ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yellowstone-4-Slice-Camping-Toaster/dp/B0037CF6BQ/ ) - it doesn't have a handle, but that's fine. Diffusers with handles aren't good for electric hobs or most gas cookers anyway - they tend to have an uneven surface because of the handle position. This 'surrogate' heat diffuser has served me well for years.

And the tagine itself? It's not bad. Given that even a well made, heavy tagine is fragile, this does the trick fine.
It's very light. The inside is also glazed. Seems to cook just fine.

Also, look out for authentic Moroccan recipes - the proper 'layered' approach to cooking in a tagine.
There's a great lamb one on this site:

[...]
on 12 March 2014
Delivered within 24 hoours in time for my dinner party! Packaged well and although I was a bit nervous opening the box (given recent comments) was all in one piece! Hopefully Amazon has sorted out the packaging issue now?Lovely bright red colour. Fits enough tagine for four. I must admit to cooking my tagine in a casserole dish and reheating in this for my dinner party to impress the guests (well, if it's good enough for Nigella!). Put it in a cold oven and in on 180 degrees for an hour. No cracking and very easy to clean. Looks nice on my dresser too!( Will cook in it next time but didnt want it to crack and have nothing to feed my people)
Overall great looking and great value
on 4 March 2014
If, like me, you're considering risking purchasing this because of it's good value, and assume yours will arrive intact... do not take the risk!

Mine arrived smashed - not cracked - but smashed into lots of pieces. There was plenty of packing on the top half of the parcel but virtually none on the bottom - leaving just the cardboard box between the tagine and impending doom if so much as placed on the floor to hard.

Amazon refunded without any issue, one thing they are very good at to be fair.

Don't risk it. Go buy the one from Lakeland for a couple of extra pounds and you can check it before you walk out of the shop!
on 15 March 2014
This is a excellent product good looking and a really good size, make sure you can get the Height of this tagine in your oven it is Tall. Unfortunately it was delivered by City Link, they are RUBBISH if your not in to collect it. Their Depot was miles away from us and trying to contact them to redeliver is Impossible, You have to contact the supplier you bought your item off for them to contact them to get it redelivered. I ALWAYS check if the carriers are City Link now and have it delivered to my work if no other carrier is available
on 9 February 2015
What a lovely product! This item is exactly as described in the information. It is pretty and is great to use for cooking - but needs a heat diffuser to avoid cracking. I am very pleased with the product, it arrived in tip top condition in excellent time.
on 13 February 2014
I did not realise that this could not be used on hob when I purchased these for my daughters for Christmas. They are very limited when it comes to choosing recipes. It is effectively a casserole dish.Very nice to look at though!