on 1 May 2017
Bought these on offer, and since purchased Sennheisser IE80 which i was also considering. On balance I prefer the Shures so far when paired with a headphone amp, the sennheisrs are excellent with any ource as they are so easy to drive. The Shures have great balanced sound with very good, accurate bass; I personally love the over the ear design and long lead length. Memory foam ear buds work best for me, they are very comfortable for wearing all day and provide superb noise isolation. Simply stunning when used with Fio Mont Blanc E12 Amp. Will now save for the SE425!
on 17 August 2017
These headphones are fantastic for pretty much any situation you want to forget you are wearing them. I'm a Drummer and use these as stage monitors, and the frequency response is fantastic. If I had to critique any part of their sound it would simply be that the bass response could be a little better, however that can always be rectified by boosting the bass on your listening device of choice slightly.

These headphones work great for sleeping in, going to the gym, or general everyday use. The cable looping over your ear is really useful as you can run the cable behind your back so it's out of the way if you are on stage/at the gym. My main criticism (as others have mentioned before), is that the piece of metal wire inside the casing which you bend to fit your ear has a tendency to either cut into the wire itself, bust through the plastic casing, or in my case, both. I bought a cheap replacement cable which was pre-fit to a one-size-fits-all curve over the ear and have had no other issues since, but if you look after these headphones they will do you proud, mine are still going strong after about four years of near-everyday use!
on 1 March 2015
Great sound, but very uncomfortable for me.

(If you want a review on the sound, check other tech reviews in this section)

I found the wires 'over' the ear to hook on a chore and wished I could go back to the simple straight into ear and dangle ones that most headphones offer.

I'd recommend trying them first. If you find them comfortable, then they're a decent set to own.

My other headphones/earphones are;

* AKG Quincy Jones Q701's - Home use, decent audio set up.
* Seinheisser Momentum over ear - Commuting use on the train
* Seinheisser CX3.00 in ear headphones - Gym
on 16 October 2012
If you are like me and have been through all the sub £20 offerings of headphones, found some fairly decent offerings that just don't provide that special factor and break after a few months then do what I did and buy these!
Sound quality is beautiful, they are rich, bass not overbearing, treble nice and crispy and the build quality is out of this world. They come in a great little pouch and the wire doesn't tangle, the heads are removable so you will never have to replace both cable and headphones, the foam is extremely comfortable and molds very well in the ear making it hard to hear anything else (word of warning there, look an extra couple of times when crossing the street).
£75 isn't expensive if you have bought 4 pairs of £20 headphones in the last 2 years!

Highly recommend
on 12 September 2014
For me these are a world apart from anything I have ever used before.
Yes, they are a bit fiddly to fit into the ears but once you have them in then you are rewarded with outstanding sound reproduction and isolating from the outside world. Shure claim 90% Isolation and I agree with them, it is almost complete isolation.
They come with a set of various types of ear buds, the ones I found to be the most comfortable where the largest foam pair. Best to pinch these before inserting into your ears and then they expand to fit perfectly, for me anyway.
on 10 June 2017
Great earphone. Comfortable and amazing sound. I was worried about spending so much, but it has been one of the best purchases I've ever made.
on 4 January 2017
Amazing sound quality. Personally the best earphones I have ever purchased!! Would definitley recommend these in ears.
on 4 April 2017
Love these earphones, slightly fiddly to put in but the detailed sound is worth the effort.
Sound isolation is good, I would highly recommend bearing in mind I mostly listen to acoustic music.
on 24 July 2014
Lovely sounding earphones. Very good noise isolation with equally good, spacious soundstage.

The only grip and that they fall out of my ears when I'm jogging.
on 4 April 2017
Amazing sound quality. Very comfortable foam ear plugs which allows for long listening and great noise cancelling