Price:£11.79+ £13.50 shipping

on 11 August 2011
Probably a little bit overpriced for what you get in the box but nonetheless it's great fun,
taking the phenomenally successful phone game out of the virtual world.
A great game for home or holidays.
You get a deck of cards, building blocks, pigs and birds.
The mission cards show you the shape to be built and where the pigs are placed, just like the targets in the phone game.
Then you launch the appropriate birds at the target using the catapult/trebuchet device.
There's quite a skill factor here, perhaps a bit more than in the phone game.
Points are scored depending on how many pigs are unseated and the first player to a 1000 points is the winner.
I'd definitely recommend it!
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2012
I purchased two of these games, one from Argos for my eldest son for Christmas and one from Amazon. My eldest played with the one from Argos over Christmas and it was great fun but needed more pieces to make it varied. I decided to buy one for my younger son and opted for Amazon. However the one sold here is a fake. It is not Mattel branded, there is no Mattel logo on the box and it does not have the copyright license details, the box is half the thickness, the paint on the characters is faded and the catapult does not work. You are being duped I'm afraid and I have taken both my games and receipts to trading standards.
77 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2011
I purchased this as a Xmas present for a nephew who he is a big Angry Birds fan. After seeing this same version in a big-chain dept store (at 200% the price here) I thought i'd grab it.
Now this is by no means a toy that will last for ages - there are only so many combinations of 'games' you can build before it gettings old very quickly. In my opinion they should have includes a lot more birds and blocks to allow a bit more longevity. However the welcome addition of the 'cards' gives it a bit more of a boardgame feel and will at the very least, keep the child interested over Xmas until the new year.
on 26 December 2011
I bought two Angry Birds table games. This one and one from a different seller. Whilst the games were identical and the same price, this one did not have any instructions in English.
on 29 December 2011
This game consists of: 1. A catapult that fires the birds weakly forwards 50cm but at a 'broken' angle. 2. Plastic birds to fire that are more or less all the same shape. 3. Blocks to build that are cheap and hollow and therefore can't be stacked as the picture shows. 4. A few cheap plastic circles with pictures of pigs on to knock over...

The people who designed the game on paper did ok, the rules are quite good - but then they must have asked someone to find the cheapest possible product designers and manufacturers to squeeze maximum profit out of the suckers/customers.

This is the worst game I ever remember buying, and I suggest to others to avoid it.
on 5 April 2012
Firstly the product sold on amazon is not a fake, it's definitely the real thing. Secondly, this is endless hours of fun. It arrived yesterday and my boys haven't stopped playing it.
In the pack you get 3 angry birds (all different), 4 pigs, a star, an egg, 14 building blocks, a launcher, 40 mission cards and 16 bonus point cards. The premise of the game is that the mission cards show a diagram which you have to build, level 1 = 100, 2 = 200 & 3 = 300, freestyle = 200 or 300. You can pick your level but it gets harder the higher the number! If you knock over all the pigs, you keep the points on the card, if you don't, you lose and it's the next players turn. If you knock over all the pigs and also either the star or egg, you get a bonus 100 points. The first to 1000 points wins! Last night my eldest and I played it and it took an hour for him to win.
It's brilliant fun. My 6 year old likes to play it properly according to the rules as bossy 6 year olds do! He complained that one of the pigs doesn't exactly resemble the image on the diagram on the cards (it's missing a crown) but hey-ho. My 3 year old plays it how he wants, he builds what he wants and knocks them down. It's great fun either way.
It doesn't have much educational value but then that's not why you buy it. It definitely does help with manual dexterity for little ones. My 6 year old can't build some of the diagrams as they require balancing but he gives it a good go and my 3 year old is learning too. It also teaches turn taking and helping and sharing like any other board game does.
Bear in mind that it needs to be played on a flat surface so if they want it for their bedroom and have carpet, it's not going to work. We play it on our fireplace which also has the bonus of a fire surround background so if the bird misses, it has the chance of hitting the pigs from behind. The boys love it and it speeds up the game a bit.
The quality is great, I can't fault it. Okay it's made of plastic but but what isn't made of plastic these days? Wooden blocks would be nice but would make the game heavier and harder to play. The cards will probably be bent quite quickly by my youngest though but he's only 3 and the game is for 5 year olds. The box is sturdy and it's very well designed and packaged. A lot of thought was obviously put into it.
My advice is if you love angry birds, you'll love this game. A handy hint is to quickly take a snap on your phone of the box contents when you open it so you can fit the bits back in again. We didn't do this and it took ages to figure out.
The thin ice version of angry birds is now on all our wish lists :)
on 10 July 2012
This is seriously overpriced for a few bits of plastic. Poorly designed game, terrible catapult. I would be amazed if any child would play this more than twice. Complete waste of money.
on 19 December 2011
Just to avoid confusion (as I didn't pick up on this until it arrived) - this is *not* the licenced 'Knock On Wood' Angry Birds game - this is more like 'knock off' wood. This is an unlicensed Chinese copy (the pidgin English on the box and instructions provide the obvious clue). There are only 6 game carfds in the box, which severely limits play. Wouldn't be so bad if it were significantly cheaper than the official product, but with postage, it's not. Buyer beware.
on 9 July 2013
I ordered this for my son's birthday after seeing the original Mattel game in local toy shop. When I placed the order the estimated delivery time was well before his birthday. However, once I placed the order and checked my account the delivery date changed and was way after the date I needed it. In fact it was estimated to take a month from the date of order (because it comes from China, which isn't stated on the website).

Unusually for me, I didn't read the product reviews before placing the order and wish I had. All the reviews about the product being a fake and poor quality are true. THIS IS NOT A MATTEL GAME. Save your money and buy the original game from somewhere else. I think Amazon should do something about sellers misleading customers by advertising branded products but supplying inferior fake good.
on 10 December 2011
good toy but got board quick.
I can't think of much more to say than that sorry not enough bricks to go with it.