F1 2011 (Xbox 360)
Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on 28 April 2014
I still like this one the best, even after having played 2012 and 2013.

It fixed the only significant problem I had with the first game; the constant screen freeze.

It also made the first-person experience feel more immersive and authentic; fx in how the vehicle vibrates and shakes on the track.

The later games are lacking in this and therefore don't feel as authentic to me as 2011 does.

The game allows the user to fine-tune the difficulty by offering many AI-difficulty options, the later games don't offer the same range.

I also prefer the physics in this game over the others, it plays like an arcade-sim hybrid, which is what Codemasters do best.

Because of these things I consider this the best F1 game by Codemasters.
on 3 May 2012
If you like driving and driving games, you'll love this. I'm not a particular fan of F1, but the thrill of trying to get an F1 car round a track as fast as you can with no assists is amazing.
The dynamic weather works well, giving you a feeling that you're racing rather more in the real world than in a game like Forza 4.
To get the most out of the game you're really, really going to need a wheel. Luckily the Microsoft Speed Wheel I have is cheap, and works well with the game. It definitely makes it far easier to control throttle and brakes. Steering is of course much more intuitive and sensitive.
AI is excellent. Easy is easy to beat, but harder skill levels are really fast and intelligent. Great stuff. Weirdly drivers tend to be much faster in practice than qualifying, which I don't think reflects real life.

The only downside I can think of is the slightly cheesy and irritating career "interviews" after races. A tv reporter asks you various questions to which you can give one of three or four set answers. I think it's meant to help develop your career in some way. Not sure.
on 29 March 2015
Great game, very good graphics and the gameplay is well good. but i feel they have concentrated too much on realism, and at times its ages to progress to next race, having spent lots of time in the garage. And when you do get to race its awesome. Especially in the wet the graphics look well real.

And the way the cars handle are perfect. Shame they didnt do like an arcade mode. so you could race any car on any track, without all the qualification laps, and practice laps and so on.

Great for F1 gamers well recommended.
on 17 May 2013
I used to love F1 '97 on the old N64, and thought I'd relive my glory days, but unfortunately, things have moved on, and my reactions have only gotten slower... The graphics and realism is amazing, even to the extent where you have a tiny bump with your opponent, and the front wing shatters into a million tiny bits! You can (I think) adjust the damage and difficulty in the settings, but I've always found racing games to be a bit boring without enough realism, so I think I'll struggle on and improve the old fashioned way - practice (and qualifying!)...
on 12 November 2015
graphics and audio are good, but I found it very difficult to drive, at easy level, one mistake and off the track you go, and you find yourself about 20 places down , with one error, touch the grass and you slide out of control, too difficult at easy level
on 24 September 2011
Ive always been a fan of the F1 games and this 1 did not let me down if im honest it has some great graphics on it and does seem to alter the rules for no reason, was disappointed that there is no safety car. Now the AI is a bit odd as its clever yet dumb because it will over take when it can and can defend well but if you are trying to lap someone sometimes they can be a bit annoying and get in your way.
Overall good game just takes some getting use to
on 4 June 2017
It's ok, good fun
on 12 April 2017
Stopped working after a few plays so more than a little disappointed!
on 16 December 2013
Very good game, I loved it. Obviously it's a bit outdated by its predecessors 2012 & 2013. The new games haven't had significant changes but minor improvements that are significant if you're a serious racer. I recommend buying this if you're unsure whether to buy newer versions and can get it for £5. The main feature of the newest game is the addition of classic cars - this has nothing of the sort.
on 12 March 2017
Product very good as expected

See one answered question