Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

'There are so many albums out there to choose from with examples of the music of the
'magical' sixties era.
I guess looking at this 3CD compilation so many major acts of that time \are indeed not
included, however, many of the big hits from that time are included on-board.
Many great names, many great songs, though many collectors will almost certainly have
most or in fact all the numbers, whether on individual artists albums or indeed collections
such as this, as I often say, for myself it's all about familiar and treasured memories set
out in a different track and selection play list.
I will highlight just a few of the tracks included from each of the 3-CD box-set......on disc
one........'Herman's Hermits' --I'm Into Something Good'........'Helen Shapiro'; --'Walkin' back
To Happiness'........'The Beach Boys' --'California Girls'.......'The Nashville Teens' --'Tobacco
Road'.......'The Dubliners' --'Seven Drunken Nights'........'Freddie and The Dreamers' --'I'm
Telling You Now'.......and.......'P.J. Proby' --'Hold Me'........Just a few of the hits on-board disc
one to reminisce with.......on disc two.......'Elvis' --'Return To Sender'........'The McCoys' --
'Hang On Sloopy'........'The Tokens' --'The Lion Sleeps Tonight'........'Lulu' --'I'm A Tiger' .......
'Manfred Mann' --'Do Wah Diddy Diddy'........'Paul Jones' --'Aquarius'........and........'The Bonzo
Dog Doo Dah Band' --'I'm The Urban Spaceman'........again just a sample of the many memories
on offer on disc two........on disc three.......'The Edwin Hawkins Singers' --'Oh Happy Days'.......
'Cliff Bennett and The Rebel Rousers' --'I'll Take You Home'........'The Fourmosts' --'Hey Little Girl'
.......'Cher' --'All I Really Want To Do'........'Cilla Black' --'Anyone Who Had A Heart'.......'The Seekers'
--'Morning Town Ride'........and.......'Bobby Vee' --'More than I Can Say' .....many more great sounds
harboured on disc three...........I have selected just a few of the sounds on each of the three discs to
give you a sample of what's on offer to perhaps guide you to check out the track list if the numbers
I've listed are of interest to you......at it's current price of little over £6.00 on 'Amazon' it obviously
offers good value for money.
on 1 July 2015
Massive Hits from my favourite decade, full of real oldie goldies bringing back stacks of memories,from a long gone era glad I didn't miss it
on 21 April 2014
as sixties music is what I listen to I enjoyed the compilation and would recommend this to anyone else who is into this era of music
on 16 November 2014
not my favourate decade,but it is a good compilation. I bought this mainly for Des O'conner's beautiful 'I Pretend'.
on 29 January 2014
nice price and quick delivery. what else can a man want?? thanks again theo vanderheyden music shop lommel belgium
on 13 April 2015
Fantastic collection to replace those worn out vinyl oldies - great sounds
on 2 July 2014
VERY VERY GOOD COLLECTION OF SIXTIES MUSIC.
on 2 February 2017
Bought as 'Used' and is very good condition. All 3 discs play well and have 'ripped' ok onto my laptop which I know can be an issue with some 'used' discs. Good cd to do housework to and sounds great.
on 3 July 2012
You know what? It pays dividends, getting to know software. I was absolutely determined to get this album tonight! The download played up slightly, but I managed to get everything. There are a few remastered tracks here, but none of them detract from a perfect listening experience.

You'll either need to cry off for a few hours, or go on an extended road trip to listen to this compilation because I warn you, once you hit 'Play', you won't be stopping any time soon! I've got a full day tomorrow just plugging in and listening to this gorgeous collection of songs. I wonder if the professional compilers feel like we did when we used to make up our own mix tapes? Somehow, they have to convince us that these are 'the ones' that ought to be included. Well, nobody made any mistakes!

The compiled songs make 25 hits per CD from looking through what's offered and how the albums are made up. It's convenient to offer the downloads and for us to back them up on our own discs! Great idea. With the likes of Paul Jones; Edwin Hawkins Singers; Johnny Nash; Love Affair and Ken Dodd...

Hang on, did I just say...er, yup! He's there too. And, guess who else? Yes, Des O'Connor. I loved his singing when I was a kid and that hasn't changed.

I've only given you six names out of seventy-five. I'll leave it to you to look through the rest for yourselves. As a radio jock, I highly recommend this triple album. It'll have you singing all the way through.
on 3 June 2014
I only purchased this sixties a few days ago but I must admit its a great album if you like 60s then this is for you