on 20 March 2015
As already said by other reviewers this brush is quite small but for me is adequate for all jobs it'll have to do in my kitchen.
It's perfect for spreading butter on oven trays and moulds, basting roasts, egg yolk on pastry and more..., the bristle are quite soft but you will need to dip it more often than a normal natural bristle brush.
The handle is removable in order to preserve the wood handle from rotting when washing the red part that is actually quite easy to wash in dishwasher or by hands.
on 4 July 2011
Nice little pastry brush from le creuset. Actually smaller than I thought ~12cm handle, ~18cm total (inc bristles).
Compared with the le creuset spatula it looks like a baby.
- The small size does have the benefit of being more precise when it comes to do delicate pastry work.
on 15 March 2014
This was my first ever pastry brush made from silicone, I had got fed up with hairs coming away from my old traditional brush. Wow!! I was blown away by how much better the silicone version is. This one is small in size but great for pastry brushing. I am now converted to silicon.
on 3 January 2015
I was not sure about purchasing a silicone pastry brush but my wooden bristle brush had really past it's sell by date. I have to say I am now converted and will be purchasing other silicone cooking utensils. This item is very easy to use and far better than the wooden bristle one I have and it is very easy to clean.
on 3 June 2011
ITEM : PASTRY BRUSH, with silicone strands (rather than bristles).
COLOUR: RED

The comfortably-shaped, rounded wooden handle is LE CREUSET embossed and has a hole in the end to let it hang around, if required.

The naked handle length is c 14.5 cm long of which about 3 cm securely fixes the head onto the handle, so no danger of it parting company whilst brushing. Assembled, this neat little brush measures in at around 17 cm overall length.
The flexible silicone head is 5 cm x 2.5 cm longest & widest, and is dishwasher safe, although I tend to rest it on a piece of kitchen roll to dry out completely before putting away.

I find this great for quickly and efficiently brushing melted butter on the pastry tops for my dozen individual beef surprises.

Also currently available in BLUE
on 3 June 2011
ITEM : PASTRY BRUSH, with silicone strands (rather than bristles).
COLOUR: BLUE

review image
on 28 June 2013
This brush looks smaller than I imagined it to be but it is great, small and useful for brushing pastry. Nice colour, good make and excellent price. Great.
on 18 February 2013
At last a brush that doesn't leave hairs on the pastry. Great product. Even my husband loves it, that is why he got it in his Christmas stocking!!
on 5 June 2012
good quality item very small but works perfect for small bakeing but would recomend a larger item for busy kitchens silicone is great washes good,
on 11 January 2013
Nice item, but a bit small. Sorry, this is JUST a pastry brush. Can't write an essay about the thing.

See one answered question