on 7 January 2017
The Ipad is Ok...but unfortunately it DOES NOT HAVE FACETIME - The reason why we got it in the fist place!

Seller was contacted and told us to restore to the factory settings...we done that at least three times and it never showed up the facetime app.
He also said that it was probably an IPAD version that was sold previous the facetime...but all IPAD 2 came with that feature.
In Apple store it was told to us that there is no Facetime download application for the ipad because the Facetime application must be pre-installed at the factory. The information we got was that if the iPad was purchased in a country or region of the world where Facetime is blocked/not allowed!
So, if you are looking for a operating system with Facetime app, be sure before buying it that it was purchase on a country that facetime is legal!
2 people found this helpful
on 5 June 2013
Only downsides are I've lost all my photos from my previous hard drive so need to move them over, I lost all my contacts in my email so need to put those back in. I also am unable to access any emails from my created folders, so I need to sieve through those to find out if there are any worth keeping on another email account.
Also, I've had to download the Microsoft package best suited for me.
SOME plus sides: NEVER have to pay for Norton protection software or something similar. It has a virus free piece of software installed.
Fun, free games some that are a little too addictive!
FaceTime doesn't need downloading the app is there and ready to use. I've already had a very long chat with my friend in California!
My iTunes music was already there because I synced it up, it's so much easier not having to to sync my music via wires!
It is so easy to set up, and once you've figured out how everything works because it is slightly different to a normal computer, once it's set in you're mind you are on your way. I do find myself reaching down with my finger to use a mouse pad as that's what I'm used to! I've never had a tablet before. Only my phone is touch screen but it's not quite the same!
Definitely worth the money, they are fun, useful, and self virus protecting. The whole family can use it, pictures and videos look amazingly clear. I haven't tried tv yet but my brother has on his and he said it's phenomenal! So my next step is to watch a few movies!

One thing not advisable to do is to use a stylus. It's a nightmare product, I have never met anyone that likes them. Using your fingers is so much easier.
on 21 February 2018
The condition of the iPad 2 was good. I have left a 2 star review because it doesn’t really suit my purpose which is more my issue than the suppliers.
However the main problem with it is it takes FOREVER to charge. I even bought a proper apple charger and it takes about 24-48 hours to charge from about 20% to 100%. Its also a bit slow- I can type faster on it than it can keep up. It’s not really fit for purpose for me as I use it for business. I will have to bite the bullet and get a new contracted iPad, so it was a bit of a waste of money for me.
on 4 January 2013
I spent some time considering what make and size of tablet. Settled on the iPad following various recommedations, mainly from my son.

I'm still getting used to it and it's very different from a desktop or laptop - my only experience of computers and surfing. But it's very well made and looks fabulous. Bear in mind, you will almost certainly want to buy a cover, so factor in that expense as well. So far, I've loaded the Kindle App and I can access my existing Kindle library and the books look great and I have linked the iPad to the Kindle shop on Amazon. One niggle though. The kindle app will not let me sort the books into collections, so where I have a large number of books by Dickens, etc, I can't put them into a folder of there own. Not sure, but maybe Amazon can explain.

I have also downloaded some videos through the BBC iPlayer and looking forward to watching them soon.

So, as I say, early days but I may be able to update this review at a later stage.

==============================================================================================

5 months on. Have been away for a while and I've found the iPad brilliant. We were on a cruise ship and the wi-fi connection was slow and expensive - someone explained a way to compose emails off line and then send all at once when I had a connection. Great. Interesting to note that loads of fellow passengers had tablets and I reckon 90% had iPads. Still learning all about it, but I have no regrets. Also, glad I wasn't tempted by the iPad3, for me the price difference would not have been justified.
on 3 January 2018
The description of this used iPad 2 I purchased said mark on screen nearly visible and few scuffs on back. Which were very accurate. This is a very good quality Ipad for £129.99. I got a bargain! Very pleased! And came 2 days earlier. Thankyou for your excellent service.
review imagereview imagereview image
on 23 April 2014
I took a chance on this because shopping on Amazon makes it worth the risk, I know I should get a good deal and trust Amazon to help if there are problems.
We have not been disappointed, I bought it for the kids at christmas and they have argued over it and used it one after the other and it has never once complained. It just keeps on going like any good computer would. It feels right too - cool to touch, metal, heavy without being chunky - strong enough to cope with being the centre of a few battles. I don't understand it as I'm used to my PC but I trust the reputation that Apple has and I have no worries about it at all.
Shall definitely buy another in future, hopefully with more memory - the painting apps they have on Apple are BRILLIANT, I haven't worked out how to get the pictures printed up yet but there must be some system in place somewhere! LOVE IT.
on 28 January 2013
Having fought shy of buying an iPad for some time - mainly due to a prejudice which I am now unable to explain - I finally succummbed and bought this model for my wife.
It was extremely well priced, looks lovely and I have been unable to seperate her from it for the past three weeks. She has never been particularly technically minded but this purchase has opened up a whole new world for us.
The convenience of the iPad means that she uses it for a whole range of things that she has never before used, from accesssing the BBC Good Food magazine - we live in France - to using Skype too contact me when I was away on a skiing holiday.
I know nothing about the technical details of any electronic equipment, so I shall leave that advice to others. Suffice to say that this iPad is easy to use, easy to handle and fun to work with. We love it !!!!!
on 20 November 2016
The most amazing purchase I have ever made. This thing has transformed my life. It can do ANYTHING non-physical. Whatever you want to know just ask it and the answer comes up within split seconds. Shopping is a doddle. Whatever you want it can get. I am still learning how clever this gadget is.
on 24 February 2013
Purchased as a present for my Wife. She was always complaining I never let her have surfing time on our laptop!.Does everything She wants, surfs the net,emails and as our grown up family have i-phones and iPads communicates with facetime and i-messages virtually everyday. So many apps that covers all Her needs and more that i don't think She will ever use the laptop again.Listens to her music and uses as a photo frame when she manages to put it down. I purchased the wi-fii only model as with our broadband provider giving wi-fii access at so many locations, and when we are away nearly all hotels, guest houses have wi-fii access paying for data on 3G seemed rather pointless as did buying a 3G version. For anyone not 100% familiar certain games programmes available for a computer may not be available for the i-pad and I would advise you seek advise rather than be disappointed as one reviewer seems to have been. Lots of reviewers grumble about the camera, I disagree, it's a 5mp camera for goodness sake, how big are you going to view the images? on a 40 + inch plasma!!.
Trying to find an excuse to get myself one,
on 2 October 2017
I’m thrilled with the service. I expected some cosmetic damage however was delighted to find that it is in perfect condition and not only looks good it also works perfectly.
Service was totally first class, highly recommended.