on 7 May 2012
I've been looking for a tablet computer for a while and finally settled on the iPad 2 (white, 16Gb, wifi only) over the iPad 3 and Archos G9 80. I haven't been disappointed. It was easy to set-up (maybe about 10 minutes to register our home wifi connection, register the product and create an Apple user account). There's not much I can add in terms of describing the product itself - it's a superb piece of technology. I don't regret purchasing the iPad 2 over the newer version. I paid £305 through Amazon re-seller Chat & Vision and consider this to be a bargain against the £100+ extra you would pay for the new iPad (in May 2012). If having the absolute latest version isn't that important to you, I'd recommend trying to grab an iPad 2 while they are still available and around the £300 mark - I think this represents really good value for the 'average' user.
33 comments| 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2013
The reason for the one star review is that this company is selling refurbished iPads (with "RFB" in product code and serial number beginning with "DK") as new products.

When I discovered this the seller would not honour a replacement of a new iPad at the selling price.

Please be aware of this and exercise caution.
66 comments| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Just got one for my son and very pleased with it. As far I am concerned the upgrades on the latest version are not worth the 25% premium and this will do pretty much everything the iPad 3 will.

The screen may be a lower resolution but is still clear and easy to read, text is stable and video smooth.

The camera's may lack pixels but is fine for Facetime and messing about and who would not use a phone or dedicated camera for important pictures anyway.

The interface is slick and fast and I suspect much of the extra processing power of the iPad 3 is to drive the higher resolution screen. Applications run smoothly and many up-scale so you do not have to go out and replace your complete iPod Touch collection with HD variants.

It connected first time to my BT Infinity broadband and apps download and install quickly and easily, backing up to the cloud and managed via the excellent iTunes. The 4G enhancements on the iPad 3 are not currently supported in the UK.

A great piece of kit and one you only see the point of when you actually use it. Still expensive but better value in my opinion that the latest version as well as the many Android based clones.
11 comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 December 2013
As previous reviewers have mentioned. Here we have an Amazon trader who is passing off a refurbished, second-hand iPad as new. This is illegal under both UK and EU trading laws. Suspicions are first aroused when you open the box and discover a US type 2 pin plug. I ordered this product from Amazon.co.UK and expected a UK type 3 pin plug. On the box sticker the iPad is branded as a "USA" model but more alarmingly, it has as part of its product description the letters "RFB" which means it is a refurbished product, not new. The website makes no mention that this is a refurbished iPad, it is presented as a new product. The serial number starts with "DK". I contacted Apple and they confirmed that this is a refurbished product serial number.

Anyone who has purchased this product needs to check the product code on the box and get in touch with Amazon if it states "RFB" and "DK"
I reported this to the Amazon investigations team and arranged to return the product for a full refund. The guys at the Amazon customer services are first class and I hope that Amazon stamp out this type of fraudulent sales activity from their market place sellers. This was a Christmas present for my wife which has caused huge disappointment. In light of this and other bad experiences with third party traders on Amazon, I've decided to boycott all Amazon marketplace sellers in future.
on 6 June 2013
Ipad was a advertised as new but when arrived it was refurbished. Very disappointed with the product. Be aware that description may not match goods.
55 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2012
Pros:
-Size
-Can never get a virus
-Video quality
-Speed
-Can easily be held and carried

Cons:
-Cameras could be better
-No Flash
66 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 November 2011
This product exceeded all of my expectations. My thanks and congratulations go to Amazon who kept up their usual impeccable standards and to Digigood who supplied it. Great job.
on 25 June 2012
I am always a little nervous about spending hundreds of pounds online, especially when there are lots of fake items out there, but this was a great buy! It arrived in a couple of days, brand new, right plugs etc. I am very happy with the iPad too, I now use it every day for a mixture of work emailing and gaming, along with mixing using the iDJAY Live system from Numark. Which is also great if you are into mixing (mixing made easy really compared to my old 1210's) but back to the iPad!
I would highly recommend the seller - digitalbargin, no issues whatsoever. and the product is sweet, physically the same to look at as an iPad 3, so it doesn't look out of date, and processing power and display is perfectly ok for me!
on 25 October 2013
Refurbished iPad sold as new. False advertising is unacceptable. I am going to return this straight away and warn other buyers not to buy one yourselves unless you are happy with this. I usually live by the saying, 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is'. I'll be listening to that again from now on.
on 4 March 2012
Well what can you say that has not already been said. Great machine, I have wifi only, but tether it to either samsung or iphone for internet use and it works great.