on 3 December 2013
Am very pleased with this. Got it to go with my portable iphone charger. Very good value and it works - can't go wrong!
on 13 January 2013
I am using it in my car to avoid lengthy cords and to keep my dashboard organised. Unfortunately it was not compatible to early versions of iPod thus I have to resort to my long cable f I were to use my iPod.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2012
I bought 2 of these short style leads to connect my iPod to my car. The first one broke in less than a week wth the stereo not noticing the difference between being unplugged and plugged in. I started using the second one and within a couple of weeks the stereo started coming up with 'Unsupported'. If I unplug the lead and plug it back in it usually works for a while - until the next bump in the road normally. Using original Apple leads works 100% of the time! Great idea, shame about the quality.
on 4 May 2012
There seems to be something strange about apple products as whilst they all have the same type of cable there are obviously differences between older products and newer products.
The product description does not state that it works as a charger for the new Ipad but since it says it works as a charger for Ipad 2, I assumed it would, however this is not the case.
It does work as a data cable, so if that's all you need it for then you won't be disappointed
on 19 November 2013
Not the most robust item ever. You could see the inner cores of the cable behind the USB plug. I pushed the whole cable in and it seems OK for now. Maybe some glue would secure it better. I'll just be careful with it. It will get very light use - just an emergency charger cable for the car, so it'll do. At that price you cant be too harsh.
on 17 September 2012
This 'traditional' 30 pin dock connector lead fits iPhones and IPods upto iPhone 4s. This is not compatible with iPhone 5 or the updated iPods released in September 2012. (it does when you buy an adapter)
It is a handy very short lead which I keep in my laptop bag for charging / syncing on the fly.
on 30 December 2012
I have been having trouble storing the normal inconvenient long cable so I just had to have this shortened version. My only criticism is that an extra two or three inches would help when playing games on my ipod when charging on my laptop; it would save dragging the laptop when connected.
on 29 December 2012
Bought this to use with the rechargeable battery charger that I use with my iPhone 3gs which sometimes needs a boost when I am out & about - especially when geocaching. Being nice and short it does not get tangled up and I can attach it to the phone with a rubber band.
on 6 May 2013
Does the job well! Bought specifically for plugging in the iPhone to the car stereo without cables getting caught and does the job well. Only bad point is the connector appears to have been used previously as there were scratches and marks on it.
on 5 October 2013
Now I bought this using the picture as a gauge as to how long it would be! But unfortunately the cable is ALOT. Smaller then the picture so make sure you know how long you want it before you buy!