on 5 April 2012
Lasted just over a year & then rattled itself to bits. LG were a nightmare to get hold of to send an engineer out & sub-contract it to a third party company. They then did not honour their guarantee by saying that there wasn't sufficient clearance & to take any query up with their sub-contractor, who weren't interested. Ended up throwing it away & buying a new machine. Last time I ever by LG!
on 3 June 2012
This beast looks good and was great while it lasted but I went through 2 machines in a year. Both Direct Drive mecanisms worked loose and then the drum growled and finally stopped turning. The nylon hub on the direct drive wears quickly as soon as it works loose... feels like a design flaw.

While they worked they were fast, very quiet, easy to use and washed well but I couldn't risk a 3rd LG machine developing the same fault out of warranty so opted for a noisy Hoover machine intead. I still miss my LG though :(
on 25 July 2011
Having refurbished our kitchen, the 18 year old Siemens washer dryer returned to it's rightful position. The women of the house immediately complained because it looked old and not right in it's beautiful new surroundings. Never mind that it still functioned, they wanted a new shiny one. After futile protests I chose the LG as a replacement based on the specification. It is a very good machine, too early to say how good (i've only played with it for 5 minutes, the wife wanted it, it's hers until I get desperate or she is away!).

It is very quiet, has very simple programme options, and plays little tunes to let you know various things. Even I managed to set the tumble drier after a quick look at the instructions. As a direct drive machine there is very little vibration. The tumble dryer run times seem quite long in comparison to it's predecessor, but we cannot fault the results. I'm still not convined we needed it but it looks great in our shiny new kitchen AND men should not be phased by it.

I'm going to see if our 19 year old sone can operate it without setting fire to it, flooding the kitchen or boiling the budgerigar in the next room. If it can cope with him, I'll upgrade it to 5 stars.
33 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse