Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

• Heidi
  • Customer reviews

on 9 May 2017
Loving this old classic that I have read when I was a child and even my children are now reading it
on 1 May 2017
My granddaughter of 5 and the other age 6, love this collection of children's classics. Bring back the books!
on 11 March 2014
I have read this book as an adult. I didn't read it as a child and I wanted to learn about the story of Heidi. It has been enjoyable to read. The descriptions of the flowers in the mountains captured my imagination. The story has a good moral theme to it which at times is connected to a strong link with religion (God). I am pleased to have discovered the story of Heidi.
on 28 November 2017
Really enjoyed this book its a great read she's written the book saw well her descriptions about every character and the places she describes is done in such a wonderful detailed way you can just image it all.
on 3 August 2014
Read this many, many years ago and remembered it very fondly. Rediscovering was good, and only a little of the atmosphere had changed. I had wanted to feel the lump in the throat and didn't. Nevertheless, this is a very good book. Perhaps it is time to get hold of the film!
on 8 November 2011
Who hasn't seen or read a version of Heidi. This is one of the ultimate girl classics of all time. It is still a fascinating story and I have bought a special edition in hardback for one of my daughters. It is a book that I personally always enjoy although I must admit I have difficulty reading the next part, because it is hard to envisage her as anything other than a young girl on a mountain with her granddad and a goat.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 March 2013
This book would be enjoyable of any age. It`s a lovely story about a little girl and her grandfather and how their lives are much better with each other in it. Also about the friends she makes on the way and the lives she touch on the way. It does go on a bit about every little flower and animal but still enjoyable. A really good book.
on 23 November 2015
I hadn't read this since I was a little girl but went back to it after having a granddaughter called Heidi. I love this story of Heidi, Clara and the grandfather.
on 5 December 2017
A classic children's book much enjoyed by adults. I re-read it recently and was quite moved.
on 17 December 2013
This differed greatly from the memory I had carried in my head since chldhood. I was not aware of the very moral Christian overtones to the book, but the images of childhhod freedom on the glorious mountains and total innocence came flooding back. So glad to have the chance to re-read it.