Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 21 September 2014
Compelling stuff
This book has a lighter touch and is not as dour as most of the great lady's books. I am always a fan of her work and loved this one, but thought it different from her normal books - perhaps a new editor or did the lady mellow a little as she got older? It was a charming and strong romance but romance it was,
on 16 November 2013
nice book ,easy to get into then hard to put down. usual good read from catherine cookson, looking forward to next book
on 24 February 2013
Catherine Cookson is justifiably famous for her long and successful career but I suppose even such a famous author must sometimes produce the mediocre. I struggled on in spite of having no empathy with the heroine or indeed any of the other characters. I found them lacking in substance and within a few pages I had guessed the outcome.Definitely not one of her best
on 24 October 2012
I enjoyed reading this book and was able to dip in and out of it easily. The storyline was good but I found it particularly fascinating to learn about the mindset of the upper classes with regard to the function and purpose of the lower classes. Not sure I found the ending necessary to the plot but nevertheless found it an enjoyable read.
on 9 August 2013
Yet another great Catherine Cookson book, even better as downloaded it free for my Kindle Fire HD where I have lots of books and the kindle is easier than carrying lots of books with me.
Happy reading Janet
on 24 September 2012
As a fan of Cookson, I really did enjoy this book. Although, having said that, it is not her best. That said, I loved reading all about Nancy Ann and found that Cookson created a story full of pain, tragedy and challenges but most importantly triumphs. And I am a sucker for happy endings!
on 1 November 2012
A typical Catherine Cookson novel in that the storyline is predictable. But, it is full of intrigue and as always, there are characters in the story that the reader can identify with. Unputdownable, great value for money and a cracking good read.
on 22 June 2014
I really enjoyed this book it's the typical Catherine Cooksen rags to riches story but if you enjoy reading her books you will find this very heart warming and quite emotional at times.
on 31 March 2014
it was such a easy book to read and relax with with lots of interesting features and places mentioned quite beleivable in places she always manages to draw you in to the scenes
on 6 May 2015
Although I read this book a few years ago I was pleasantly surprised to find that I still found it to be a great read. The plot is amazing and keeps you from getting bored.