Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 22 March 2017
Great Price
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 March 2011
I got one of the Apple magnetic covers with my new ipad 2, and although it is very clever in the way it works, it is no protection from the occasional grandchild! This multi function case does all it says on the tin, including turning the screen off through its own apple like magnet when you close the case, which I thought was brilliant! The case is strong, attractive, effective, with all the holes for camera / volumme / on-off controls etc in the right place, and an excellent built in stand. Thank you very much for a true "value for money" case (my ipad 1 case was twice as much) that really does do exactly what I wanted it to do. I am now very relaxed about letting the grandchildren play with my new ipad .....whew!
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 March 2011
Very happy with this case for my iPad 2. Great service too!

The case is well made, fits the iPad 2 perfectly with holes for all the buttons and cameras. The stand works well, as does the magnetic auto sleep feature. I chose this style of case over the smart covers as I wanted the protect the back of the iPad too, and this case is well padded giving protection if you drop it.

The service from accessory village was great! Prompt response to a couple of questions I had about the case, and very speedy delivery. Would definitely use them again.

10/10! thanks accessory village!
on 7 April 2011
There are two sides to this review, the positive aspects of it are the protection it offers and the practicality of the positions (for writing and viewing). The downfall is the bulkiness effect. You buy an extremely thin iPad2 and then with the cover it goes up to 1cm thick.

Update: After 5 months of daily usage, the thing in the back that holds the iPad straight slips the plastic where you set the desired tilt. I can only use it laid down (typing position). The plastic finishing around the edges started to peal around the entire case... and also on the piece that hold the iPad stright... that's the reason will it slips! I still think the overall protection is fine (good for heavy travelers!), but once the thing starts to crack you will feel it was a waste of money.
The bulkiness effect I've mentioned few months ago also lead me to stop using it completely. I will change my review from 4 start, to 1 (the single star it's for the overall protection).
on 17 May 2011
The case is very well made, and completely protects the iPad. It has cut outs for all the various cameras and docks which means you never need to take the iPad out, its even easy to charge still in the case. The automatic sleep is such a handy feature, you never need to worry if it is sleeping or not. It has so many viewing angles which makes it a very versatile case, and the bit that you use to prop it up is magnetized so when its not in use it doesn't flap around. It has a nice magnetic clasp that keeps the case firmly shut when the iPad isn't being used. The iPad fits perfectly in the case, and there is even a little bit of leather that velcros down once the iPad has been slotted in meaning it can't slide around in the case. My only two problems are that because the sides of the iPad are slanted it can be a little tricky to reach the buttons to adjust volume but this isn't a fault with the case its more to do with the design of the iPad itself, the second is that the case can't be propped up in a horizontal position - but then I hardly use the iPad in this orientation so its not a problem. Overall absolutely brilliant, it does everything you could ever want a case to do: protects, looks very good, has many viewing angles, has business card pockets on the inside and allows access to all cameras etc. 100% recommend.
on 15 May 2011
Having searched for a case on the Apple website and elsewhere, I came across this one on Amazon and thought it seemed a bit better. When it arrived I couldn't believe how I managed to get such a bargain! It is perfect - there's no other way to describe it. I dropped my iPad on the stairs last night and if it hadn't been for this case I'm sure it would have broken. Well done to the makers for such a quality product at an affordable price.
on 1 April 2011
I have just received the redesigned version of this product, and I must say that I am vey impressed.
The iPad is held firmly in place so the holes for connectors cameras etc, remain well lined up.
The case itself is very study, and the clasp no longer dangles in front of the display.

The auto sleep/wake is a nice touch too.

Given the choice between this case and the apple magnetic case, I would pick this one, given that it also protects the back of the unit.
on 11 September 2011
I looked at quite a few covers for my new ipad2 but none seemed to have storage space for cables/pen etc so upon reading lots and lots of reviews i decided on this one..

its extremely easy to put the cover on. its solid enough to support and protect your ipad. not sure what some others mean about the corners not being protected..?? this one covers all corners totally fine. also, it switches your ipad off automatically when you close the front cover. it has a strong press-stud fastener.

bad points are.. not a lot of choice of angles to stand it up..and it really doesnt stand up very well anyway. this means you mainly have to hold it which is ok for about 10 mins then it starts to get heavier and heavier.. i end up taking my ipad out of the cover as its much lighter and therefore can hold it for much longer periods than when its in the cover. the press-stud fastener is strong and once fastened its fine.. its just difficult to locate one into the other to get it to fasten.
thats probably a little bit finicky of me but its a point and someone may want to know that.

for me, its not the best choice of cover. if you just want a simple and strong cover, its great. if you want some storage for cable/ipad pen or anything else or if you want to stand it up or hold it for any length of time, then its not the ideal cover.

iv given it 3 stars because i cant give it two and a half :-( and it is a strong cover even if nothing else.

i may well look for a better one..
if anyone has seen a good one, let me know haha
on 20 January 2012
This case is great. It fits the iPad perfectly and looks very classy. Excellent value for money. Would definately recommend this product.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 May 2011
As Sion as i bought my iPad 2 I started to look for a case. Apple's new smart cover is very good to protect front of the deivce but I needed to protect both sides. I also wanted the new sleep function apple introduced. This cover is served both my needs.sleep function and diffent viewing angles are well suited my needs.must have for iPad 2 owners