on 30 January 2016
The writing style of this book is all over the place; there is no common flow. Although the information is useful I'm not sure the claim they make of mental clarity from drinking ACV is evident here!
There is also a contradiction stating when Paul Bragg joined the military school he missed the healthy diet he was used to on the farm and thus became sick ; his daughter claims his diet on the farm was unhealthy and he found health at the military school...
Also religion is thick within this book - I didn't like it, to me it devalues and undermines the information, it seems less credible when a scientifically unproven entity ie 'god' is brought into what should be tangible facts, but that's just me.
I'll definitely try the ACV I have already, in different ways but perhaps you should look to pinterest or the internet rather than waste money on this book.
on 25 March 2008
This book certainly tells you about the amazing uses for Cider Vinegar and it's medicinal value. That's great.
It also displays the Bragg families enthusiasm and belief in the healthy lifestyle, I will be giving it a go myself. But the book is not an easy read, and the reader needs to constantly refer back to the contents page to figure out where they are. It's contents are all over the place and seems to me to be trying to be constantly selling their own products.
Having said that it's a good informative read, as long as you can deal with the somewhat confusing layout of the book, and also their religious enthusiasm then this is worthwhile having on your shelf!!!
on 20 April 2017
on 4 March 2016
Brand new book, well packed and I love it. Many thanks.
on 16 June 2017
Brillaint organic vinegar and an interesting read. I would recommend to anyone.
on 31 March 2016
Good to learn new thing love it
on 14 October 2010
Contains a lot of praise and advertising for Bragg's cider vinegar and other promotions. An unusual mixture of philosophical quotes, poems, references to God and advice on healthy living; could only be American; quite amusing.
The useful information on ACV in this book could be summarised on a single page. All you really need to know is that having a teaspoon or two of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with meals can aid digestion.

I'd read a tiny bit about ACV in a few health books and wanted to know more so I ordered this book from my local library. But in the end I got a lot more information in those brief book mentions of it!

This book is weirdly put together. It is like someone got lots of one and two page advertorials for Bragg ACV products and joined them together to be sold as a book. This isn't even remotely a properly written or researched health book. The book lacks even the most basic information about how ACV works and why. The language used in the book isn't of a professional tone and assumes the reader is not very bright or well read. The information is so poorly laid out and presented, and the content is so sparse and all along you feel you are being sold something.

It is more like a religious type of preaching than a scientific sharing of information. It is very heavy handed. There is also a far bit of actual Christian preaching in the book too.

I also wasn't at all sold on the dietary information in this book either, as I disagree that all of us or even most of us do well on a very high carb diet or a mostly raw diet. It is just not true that raw foods are digested better than cooked ones as the book Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats (among others) explains. Fasting also isn't for everyone and I very much doubt ACV will have any effect at all on your weight.

ACV isn't a cure-all but it is a good product and it can absolutely help digestion. It is essential for me when I eat something that has a significant amount of fat in it; it really helps.

Bragg's makes a quite good ACV product too as far as I am aware. But this book is beyond awful. There are so many other excellent health books out there, I am disappointed my library wasted money on this one.

Instead of buying this 'book' check out real health books such as Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats and Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats and Real Food: What to Eat and Why and many others.

Jodi Bassett, HFME
The book is rather cluttered although the information is interesting it does not appear to have been produced by professionals.
on 10 August 2014
Never knew how good this product was - so glad I had the opportunity to read all about the goodness it brings and I can not go without it and therefore must have a stock at home always.
I have purchased the book as a gift also.

Very happy.