on 18 July 2017
Fascinating
on 1 May 2013
This is a study of the poetry rather than the poetry itself. It may be good, or not, but irt wasn't what I wanted.
on 7 December 2014
A far too wordy analysis and critique of Browning's poetry and a rather in depth look into his soul. If you like your books tedious then this is for you. A misleading title for a book that gets bogged down in analysis.
on 6 February 2013
What can one say? here is the poetry of this master who deserves to be better read now in the 21st century as he was in the 19th. his style is wonderful and varied and filled with great life. Try 'My Last Duchess' as get a glimpse of real evil. Or the forgotten 'Youth and Art' about a famous singer looking back over her life at the missed opportunity of falling in love with the young sculptor who lived across the street from her. Beautiful realised regret told in an elegantly gently way.
on 10 October 2013
Downloaded and used to find a specific poem. Not really read any of the others. 5 more words required - a bit silly Amazon!
on 29 January 2017
Should have read the reviews. No description and it's not a book of poems though I'm sure it's very interesting if you're expecting a book ABOUT poems. Lucky it was free!
on 12 July 2013
A good read, well written with a good choice of imaginative varied poems. Kept my attention and helped me drift off to sleep after reading. .
on 20 January 2013
This book has swelled my poetry collection and enabled me to study another creative mind with a view to adapting and refining my own work
on 22 July 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and found that his work was very fulfilling for me as part of my research for an assignment
on 21 September 2013
I was very glad to get this free of charge, and enjoyed reading it. I plan to recommend it to my friends. Thank you.