Customer reviews

Astro 4523 Marasino Table/Floor Uplighter White Plaster

on 31 July 2017
Overpriced.
on 19 April 2017
High quality perfect for what we wanted
on 27 February 2015
Excellent quality.
on 7 June 2014
I needed an uplighter to light a dark corner behind the TV, but I didn't want it to show. This product fits the bill perfectly. It is quite pricey, but is a very robust and well made product, so "you get what you pay for".
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 November 2014
I hesitated about spending this money on a lamp with so little information about it. So many are cheap generic lights that break within a year.

This light seems like a high quality product to me however. Firstly, it is made with plaster, which I managed to find out prior to purchase. I was worried it would be rough to touch or give off powder. Neither are an issue, this is smooth to touch, flawless in finish and the edge is crisp and sharp.

It weighs 1.8 kg with the bulb, which is an Osram aluminium, 2800k, 300 lumen, 50 watt version. It does not come with a suction bulb holder however which would have been handy for fitting. I replaced this bulb with a 430 lumen Aurora led version, which is only 7 watt. This is brighter but more importantly for me far cooler and less of a fire hazard.

It has a foam base to sit on and the cable and plug are transparent and a decent length. Pretty neat. Simple on/off operation only with the in-line switch. The groove for the cable to exit from underneath is on the low side of the light, which makes sense as you really want the high side facing the room, to shield your eyes from the bare bulb, depending on the height you sit it at.

With a 40 degree beam bulb this does not cast shadows that are too harsh and spreads the light rather nicely off a flat white ceiling. For a large room you would probably need at least two of these.

It was well packaged, well presented and the bracket holding the light fixing is metal. Seems well made and provided it lasts as it should it is well worth the money.

Hope this helps if you are on the fence as I was!
on 21 February 2016
I ordered one of these to try and then another two once I'd seen it. Just wanted to point out to people that bulbs are not included. The description at time of writing this states quite clearly "Table/Floor Uplighter including 1 x 50 Watt 230V V Bulb". None of the 3 lamps I purchased were supplied with bulbs.

The lamp itself is nice and heavy, a nice ceramic feel to it with a little foam ring on base so as not to scratch or make noise when moving. With the LED bulb in there it's a little bright and the high side of lamp is not really high enough when it's on the floor. Overall I'm happy with them but a little overpriced and having to use my spare bulbs was a bit of a cheek. Was torn between 3 and 4 stars but 3 seems fair.
on 19 November 2015
Extremely nice,discreet and functional . I have used it as a floor lamp to illuminate a little column with a great result . The body of the lamp is very well insulated to prevent warming even in narrow spaces. Furnished with both UK and EU plug
on 28 September 2016
Arrived well packaged and looks very elegant. I used LED version of the light bulbs rather than the halogen variety so they do't get hot. The uplighting is then bright but soft, exactly what we were looking for.
on 26 February 2017
I love these and even bought a second. Perfect in the dark corners in any room behind sofas etc for mood lighting the base is nice and heavy/sturdy. I chose these over the metal based ones to reduce warm/fire risk as ours are behind fabric sofas. Very pleased and highly recommend.
on 14 August 2015
Nice lamp for background lighting. Very solidly made. Bulbs very tight to insert and remove though.