VINE VOICEon 16 May 2011
Broke my previous v2 screen so the4 decision to buy another GGS screen was easy. I've found them durable, OK broke my previous one but glass against rock...you know what's coming off worst.

So, the v3 version is a clipon variety rather than a sticky outer frame sort ala v2. Fitting was very easy and the glass is as wonderfully clear as the v2 version.

Within the pack came the top lcd panel cover, this I didn't replace as it already has one fitted, but a new inclusion is for the eyepiece. Tried it fitteed, couldn't see the point of it as it created something else to reflect my glasses so took it off. Try the eyepiece cover for you may like it, for me n big deal.

In short, excellent product and with fittings for most manufacturers I'd suggest a well worth, not too expensive buy.
on 13 September 2011
Having lost the original Nikon protector in the heart of a Welsh forest, I went on-line to order a replacement. The search produced a number of alternatives, including simple film covering types, the Nikon's own plastic, and the GGSIII. The price of the GGS made me doubt it's quality, but the reviews were positive. It seemed a small outlay if I did need to replace it with the NIkon version eventually, so I ordered one.

Firstly, the supplier was good to deal with, clear e-mails, confirmation of despatch, and delivery as stated.

When I opened the package the quality was clear, package includes the LCD Screen Protector made of glass in a metal frame, and film type protectors for both top information window and the viewfinder.

The glass protector fits in the same way as the original, though feels more secure, is slimmer, and, the frame being black, looks more a part of the camera. Reviewing images is actually better now, virtually no difference than viewing without a protector in place.

I have used the information window protector but not to date the viewfinder one. These are 'bonus bits' anyway and take nothing from the value of the item if never used.

I have always liked the build quality of Nikons and was happy with the plastic protector supplied, until I recieved the GGSIII. This is the protector Nikon SHOULD have used.

In short, if you have a Nikon, if you need a replacement protector or not - buy this!
on 5 August 2013
I like this product. I protects the 3 glass areas of my D300 for a little more money than the official Nikon 1 piece offering. They are black in colour so they blend in well with the camera and look better than the Nikon cover. I also was happy with the quality of the optics which were very clear. Technically I am sure it is on a par or better than the Nikon standard unit. A good purchase. I am happy with it.
on 28 September 2015
Neat and simple to fit, I think this is much better than the protector that came with the camera. It is slim, has a black border and fits perfectly. I almost missed the two additional covers for the top info panel (which I did use) and eyepiece (which I didn't bother with). It would have received five stars from me if it had been sensibly priced. As it is, the price is far too high in my opinion. A bonus is that despite a delivery estimate of more than three weeks, it arrived in three days.
NOTE: After three weeks of use, I find that, despite what appears to be a close fit, dust gets in behind the protector and onto the rear screen. That wasn't expected but of course, the screen is still protected from knocks and scratches which is important.
VINE VOICEon 27 November 2012
Why aren't these standard on Nikon cameras? For the pittance they are asking this has to be the cheapest upgrade you can make to your camera that after you will look and think why didn't I do that ages ago?
The set comes with all the thin hard plastic pieces you need to replace the poor screen protector that came with your camera as well as extra ones for the eye and top screen.
It says glass on the description. I honestly don't know if it is glass, it's as clear as it but a lot thinner and tougher. I've had mine on for a month or so now and to be honest I forget it's even there it's so clear. Doesn't scratch, doesn't fog, doesn't move. A perfect upgrade.
on 28 September 2012
I went through a couple of the Nikon screen protectors for my Nikon D300; being a bit bulky and using a retaining loop I found they were too easy to dislodge. I am a keen landscape photographer, especially mountains, and the last thing I need is some piece of string waiting to catch on a rock, tree, or any other outdoor hazard. They also became a bit dirty too easily, so off I went in search of something better. I found it in the GGS III. It's really neat, with a low profile, and so far I have had no problems with it. I don't even use a retaining loop, yet it can be taken off and clicked back into place in seconds. Buy it!
on 7 June 2016
In short this product is amazing. Did not know what to expect, there were cheaper ones available but I am so pleased I went with this one. From the outset it arrived very well packaged, after taking it out of the jiffy bag and removing the bubble rap I could see even from the box it arrived in it was going to be a quality product. I was right !. It comes with a glass screen protector with a black frame, which when fitted, just clips on, it looks part of the camera ,amazing , a top screen protector and eye piece protector. I will be buying these for the rest of my cameras and can highly recommend them to you.
on 25 February 2013
Well it arrived today and have to say really impressed! Fits very snug and has a much slimmer profile to the point it almost doesnt look like you have a protector on.It wraps around the edges nicely so I would say very very slim chance of anything getting behind it dust etc.The top lcd one was just a simple self adhesive type but again marries up perfect and doesnt even look like it has one over it.Not put the view finder one on yet,not sure if I will tbh.For under a tenner well worth a look if your looking to get a new one or just replace the horrid looking nikon one.
on 9 February 2013
This is a tight fitting, quite sexy (black rimmed) protective screen. I broke my horrid plastic Nikon LCD protector falling down my stairs, and just looked in Amazon for a replacement. This one came in a very professional looking box, fitted perfectly and from the rear now, i don't see that horrible white plastic goggle look that my D300 used to have with the old nikon version.

To tell the truth that was the only component of the kit that I used... I've just checked the top LCD protector and eyepiece one....doh !
on 3 January 2013
This fits the camera well and securely. The only problem was a slight lift of the glass from the frame but it doesn't affect the function as any pressure put on the screen by your thumb is in the opposite direction from the lift as the glass will be forced on to the frame and therefore not lift off.
Much clearer than the original and better looking. Easy to clean.