on 23 December 2011
I wish i read the reviews on this before i bought it....
Very poor quality and it doesn't have the magnetic close that the Apple cover has. Should NOT have been advertised as an Apple cover as it is clearly not one!
Doesn't have any back covers either, very poor excuse for a cover!!! Should have gone to Ebay!
on 6 February 2012
I ordered this thinking I'd bagged a bargain, but when it got here I saw it clearly wasn't an Apple product, despite being describe as one. It didn't align fully with my iPad, the magnets were weak, and the cover hung over the screen at the top. The seller was kind enough to give me a full refund, but I wouldn't even bother ordering this. Just order a full iPad protected, back and front.
on 11 March 2012
As I paid £30 for a cover directly from Apple, I thought that I was getting a bargain - sadly not! Bought for Xmas, the cover is now in the bin. It frayed around the edges very quickly, constantly detached from the iPad as the magnetic connectivity was not strong enough and then the strip detached itself completely from the cover - I could've fixed it with with superglue but didn't see the point. Don't waste your money!
on 10 May 2012
!!!!!AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

I really wish I'd read the reviews on this before I bought it. I'd bought an official grey cover for my iPad a few weeks ago and for the all there wasn't much to the cover, it felt sturdy, well made and performs well.

Then I decided to buy my wife one and found this one on Amazon. Quoted as being an Apple Smart cover and supposedly on offer I thought "what luck", however when it arrived I was a bit concerned that it felt paper thin compared to my grey one. The magnetic catch worked the same but something about the overall quality seemed a bit dubious.

After a few days of use I noticed that the edges of the cover where it attaches to the magnetic hinge were starting to bunch up and slightly frey, meaning that the cover was starting to slide up and down along the hinge. After a few more days of use we noticed that it wasn't standing upright properly as the official one does. Slightly worrying because had it not been in front of something when it was stood up it would have fallen off the table and smashed the iPad.

Considering the price of an iPad, even a second hand iPad 1 or the 16gb iPad 2, the last thing you want to do is buy one of these covers, stand it up and have the thing fall over and potentially break.

!!!!!AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!
on 25 November 2011
Although, the product says it's an official apple product, I would be surprised if apple would make a product this poor. I suppose it does the job, but the sides are fraying and the magnets could be better. For the £14 it's not bad for the money, but don't mistake it for the official real deal!
on 2 January 2012
!Apple iPad Smart Cover - Protective cover for web tablet - polyurethane - blue - Apple iPad 2The Apple iPad Smart Cover looked like a fantastic bit of kit but proved to be very basic. The magnetic strip that holds the cover to your iPad is not very strong and the cover falls off with the slightest push, it also leaves lines on the iPad screen where the folds are on the cover. Amazon does sell much cheaper than any where i could find but i would recomend spending more and getting a decent cover, as I have now done
on 2 December 2012
I'm the biggest fan of everything Apple, but I have to admit that this Smart Cover is a terrible product. It's flimsy, often loosens itself from your iPad thanks to exceptionally poor magnets, stains very easily and offers absolutely no protection to your device's polished back. If you buy this product there's about a 50% chance your touchscreen will be saved from damage (providing the cover stays on), but a 100% chance that your valuable iDevice will look clunky and unprofessional. Oh, and have a back covered in scratches.
on 31 August 2011
Firstly let me start by saying that this case is not an official apple case, if it is it may be one of the defected ones and may have slight air bubbles on the case not that noticeable but annoying. Also I found that the case would dangle of the back of the ipad unlike some of the reviews i saw on youtube..but for the amount i paid for it it doesnt really matter as long as it does the job
on 25 January 2012
I bought the magnetic cover that Apple made for the iPad but felt that the back of my iPad was very exposed to knocks and blows, the out side of the cover was such cheap leather it immediately looked marked and scrappy despite the care I took and the inside was down right absorbent. So I then bought a smart and practical as well as much more ecanomical ordinary leather case that cost me 9 quid and wish I hadn't been conned by the hype.
77 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2012
Product is not Apple as listed, it is a cheap mockup and you can tell.

Magnets don't work correctly, material is cheap and of poor quality.