I've reviewed Lesley Thomson's other two books in this series so will try not to repeat myself too much. I've enjoyed all three books enormously and recommend them wholeheartedly for readers who like a series because of the characters' history and development and who like decently plotted stories that are written well. I've had a hard time recently finding such a thing so was very pleased when this set came up in my Amazon recommendations and lived up to my expectations. The books have provided pleasing entertainment over several evenings.
I like the writer's style and narrative voice(s) and I think her books are plotted soundly; I can see where the plot is going but I enjoy the journey and the characters' thoughts and responses.
on 17 April 2017
I couldn't get into this book at all. I hate to stop reading a book once I've started but this kept making me fall asleep... boring
on 12 August 2013
Loved this book , I read detectives daughter first and this added to the book as the Ramsey family and other elements are referred to. The descriptive writing is second to none. It easily moves from past to present without irritation or confusion. In fact this added to the intriguing nature of this book. Could not put it down !!!!!
on 30 March 2017
I didn't know whether I had read a complete book or notes for a book. I still am not sure.
on 9 November 2013
Well written, though I felt it a touch too long. Good descriptions of the countryside and a very good surprise ending.
on 12 July 2014
Only read a chapter and couldn't get into it. Not for me.
on 23 March 2016
Good read
on 31 May 2017
Very good service
on 13 October 2013
A very good read A well deserved five stars I have read numerous detective stories over the years but this has been one of the best.
on 27 January 2014
A confusing but rather engaging story. Took a while to get into with the constant switching but glad I persevered.