This bosch Multi-mode detection scanner is okay it is designed to find wood studs, metal objects and live wiring it has automatic calibration for easy and precise detection. The scanner has a illuminated graphical LCD Display which shows mode, detection strength, and more. The performance has been good but inconsistent at times. I have managed to detect wood and live cables but I found the scanner readings can be affected by electronic signals in the home such as wifi and mobile signals. Overall I did expect better performance and reliability from this Bosch product but it is okay but inconsistent so not good for trade use...

I write reviews to help fellow customers. I hope you found my review helpful.
on 2 March 2017
Useful product, but need experience to use it.
on 26 March 2017
many thanks
on 21 March 2016
Very good product.
Here I would spend much more for the same in a street shop.
I use that in my montain home where electric pipes are hidden.
It scans deep in the wall with great accurancy.
Suggested.
on 19 April 2017
Too sensitive not very good
on 20 January 2016
Quality and spot on!
on 29 March 2017
Good detector.
on 1 March 2013
I can only echo the comments made by Eric Bard in his earlier review, which regrettably I ignored as it was rather old and newer ones were quite complimentary about this product.

I tried to locate live wiring with the scanner but received very unreliable and inconsistent results despite carefully following the included instructions. Sometimes the scanner would flash and beep like mad when scanning areas of wall where I know there to be no cabling (or indeed any other embedded materials other than thermal blocks and plaster), and at other times it refused to recognise the presence of wiring that I knew to be there since I'd installed it myself. The sensor bars in the display often did not seem to echo the findings indicated by the illuminated ring or the audible buzzer. The various indicators seemed to go off rather haphazardly and I could not get a steady indication in any of the three detection modes. I tried recalibrating the scanner as described in the instructions, but while this went as stated it did not correct it's operation.

I can only assume the device I had was faulty since it gave such wildly inaccurate results (I returned it as faulty). However, the instructions claim that all sorts of things can affect it's readings including moisture, rings, watches, and even your home wi-fi, so perhaps there was some interference where I was trying to use it. A couple of other comments. To use it as described the surface to be scanned needs to be quite smooth and even - not always typical of surfaces in older buidings or ones undergoing refurbishment. Also battery life is stated to be only about five hours and the battery is not rechargeable, so that could be inconvenient if you think you will use it a lot. On that basis I found it quite useless and regret that I can't recommend it at all.
33 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2014
I experienced the same issues as chickenman (read there review). Only difference is I replaced mine as I hoped the first one was faulty. The new one came from a different batch and was exactly the same. According to the scanner, one wall in my house must be wired directly to the mains! as the whole wall detected electrical current. I tried turning off my wifi but no different. Some good reviews so people must be successful, but I would not trust the scanner. I really wanted this to work as I have lots of work to do on the house, so it's back to common sense. if reviews state "negative reviewers don't know how to use the product" there must be a lot of incompetent people with good money to spend.
I would invite Bosch into my home to demonstrate this product. I suspect they would be embarrassed.
Finally, buy one yourself and make your own decision and please post your review, good luck.
ps. when you are checking for electrical current, make sure there is a current flowing through the cable.
on 4 November 2014
This scanner is hit and miss and not as good as YouTube review videos would lead you to believe.

As a professional Joiner / Carpenter I expected a lot more from the Bosch brand, however considering the price it's better aimed at the DIY user! I'm glad I paid £60 and not the £100 rrp