Customer reviews

on 9 February 2016
This was a great backpack I used when I went to the Philippines, although a couple of the straps did break within a few days of arriving.
It did survive a good thrashing on top of the jeepny during an excruciatingly long and bumpy drive (about 3 hours on a small bus packed with people and my head bent to a painful angle.
It has loads of room and is very comfortable to wear for the longer periods although my back did sweat a lot with it on.
on 29 August 2017
I have been using this for almost 5 years now and is almost as good as new. This has survived, extreme sun, rain, winds and snow. Absolutely love this bag. If you utilise the space well, it has enough capacity for a mini trip (approx a week to ten days). Good and well built straps to distribute the weight after you have put it over your shoulder.
on 13 January 2014
They support and padding is in all the right places and easy to adjust for fabulous back support and comfort, extremely light weight and spacious, a must have for any outdoor activity.
on 8 July 2017
Very happy
on 3 December 2012
I purchased this as i was working with a Dof E group last summer who had these rucksacks from 2011 - they were made of thick canvas material a large extension to the main sack etc. Clearly designed to last and be robust. Loved the green colour So i was really 'sold' on the item. However the 2012 products with the same name are made of a less robust material, the pockets are thin and the bag extension is small.

Have used this 4 times for extended walks carrying 50-60lb. Because of the padding it is difficult to really load the hip belt as it keeps slipping down so most of the weight remains on the shoulders, not ideal over 3-4 day expeditions. Will keep using this as i need a large pack but not overly impressed really. You would expect the new product to be an enhancement/improvement on the previous version I suspect corners were cut to save on costs.
on 1 March 2013
Comfortable and reliable backpack. I knew it was a top loading backpack when I bought it so I'm not going to decrease the rating because of that. I would however say that if this was a front loading (that you could open the whole front with a zipper), then this would go from being great backpack to being an epic backpack.
on 8 March 2012
My wife bought this for a gift at my request.

I walked the Ridgeway Trail with it last week - I carried enough supplies for 4 days and could have fitted enough for a week - it was comfortable the whole time, I had 16 kilos in it.

I would buy again and recommend to all.
on 1 June 2010
There are so many large rucksacks to choose from in the marketplace. Most of them appear to be able to fulfil their function but after looking at them more closely you may find that they are mainly only suitable for unambitious walks and periods ,getting uncomfortable after hours or days on the move. I tried the Verden 65+10 and found that after a few minutes adjustment the " Biofit " system adapted to my body . This is where Berghaus scored five stars with a semi-rigid plastic base or "spine" with straps and padding for fine-tune adjustment that did not appear to be fitted on other makes.I am now training with graduated weight in my rucksack on local hills and have found that the time spent in comparing and fitting different products was well worth it. All I can hope for now is good weather to use it !
on 17 February 2011
I bought it for a 3 week Australia tour which was mastered well in all ways. Bag was comfortable (I am 180cm tall) and very roomy, durable (no damages during the 9 flights we made). I enjoyed backpacking in this bag. What I liked a lot, is the frontal access to the main compartment.
The 1 star minus is for a small failure in a sewing (about 3cm(1inch)long) which we had to fix for our selves. Amazon did a great job by offering a new bag because of this matter, the new one did not have any problems at all.
All in one, a good bag for a good price!
on 6 March 2013
Just returned from the jungle in South East Asia with this rucksack.
Great rucksack, strong and durable and loads of pockets and storage.