Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 18 April 2011
I wasn't best pleased with 'Glee: The Music, Volume 4'. It was decent (and when you use that word for Glee, in general, it means rather good) and easy to listen to but it didn't really have that sense of wonder that you sometimes get at a Glee album, mainly due - I felt - to some perhaps ill-judged song choices.

I felt though - this time - the producers or whoever chose the songs, really hit the nail on the head.

The (few) weaknesses - I feel - of the album (because they have to be mentioned!)

'She's Not There' - The Zombies

Although a decent song, I didn't feel it was all that unique or plot-worthy in the actual story and not very forceful vocally either; so not my favourite!

'Afternoon Delight'

As a substitute of the negatively reviewed 'Do You Wanna Touch Me' (Oh Yeah), it is serviceable and good because because it showcases Emma's vocal's - Jayma Mays having a lovely voice. However, it doesn't really surivive more than a few listenings because it's not particularly interesting. There have been lots of other songs in this period that would have been far more appropriate, I felt (maybe something from "Blame It On The ALcohol"?) but this is probably due to having needed to substitute a song from 'Sexy' itself.

The true highlights of this album (and there are many!):

"Firework", "Take Me or Leave Me", and "Don't You Want Me" all heavily feature Lea Michele on vocals, and are a welcome return. The first shows just how much better a singer of Katy Perry she can be, as well as being wonderful in the show itself; the second, a duet of diva proportions, and Amber Riley certainly holds her own; and the delightful duet with Darren Criss is hilarious on-screen and wonderful when listening.

"Sing" and "Thriller/Heads WilL Roll" are the group performances of the album and whilst I prefer the first, they are both wonderful, interesting capable performances.

"Landslide" deserves a category unto itself! Although I think it would have been better had Naya Rivera sang more than just her tiny verse, Gwyneth Paltrow carries the song very well and it is beautiful on screen and off.

"Get It Right" and "Loser Like Me" are the two original songs and are FANTASTIC. The first is a typical Rachel solo but even better than normal due it being tailored specifically to her and the second is very HSM, very 'bubble-gum pop' but it is so Gleeky and unifying that you'd be an old grouch to even care.

There were also some good but not amazing songs that carry the album.

So in short: although it's easy to pick faults, I'd rather just listen to what could quite possibly be the best Glee album yet! :)
on 2 June 2011
Overall this cd is very good. IT has a lot of tunes on with 16 happy songs. In my opinion this cd is one of the best glee cds. The best five songs on the CD are:
1. Loser Like Me- one of the original songs glee made and it is super!
2. Thriller/Heads will roll- these two songs go really well together, great mash-up
3. Get It Right- Another original song that you will listen too over again
4. P.Y.T (pretty young thing)- This is upbeat and I just love it.
5. Need you Now- This song really showed the Mckinley sports men that glee club is great.
These are my top 5 but there are lots of other songs like: Firework, Baby, Somebody to love and Don't you wamnt me which will make you sing and dance. This CD is quite upbeat compared to other glee cds. I think this glee cd is quite modern and is very exciting if you are a gleek. If you love glee and all the music then I would recommend this. If you aren't a gleek or you're not so keen on the list of songs that you can preview try another CD which suits you more. IN my opinion as a massive gleek I LOVE IT, but I'll leave it for you to decide. Please tell me if I helped you with my review.
on 14 April 2011
If you are a Gleek this is for you!
This CD is great and full of all the new Glee tunes. It includes: Sing(feat Sue Sylvester)and Thriller/ Heads Will Role. Also, Tik Tok and P.Y.T from the valentines special.This new addition to Glee is well worth your money and will provide you with the best entertainment ever!
on 17 July 2012
First, there are a couple of tracks I didn't care for, so 4 not 5 stars.

However, the rest is marvellous! Some of the tracks are better than the originals. The vocals are strong and very well executed which means you can listen and re-listen to these entertaining tracks. Great in the car while travelling as everyone will know the words.
on 14 August 2011
Not my favourite of the albums. There are a couple of songs I'm not so keen on but it also has some awesome ones including the two original songs 'Get It Right' and 'Loser Like Me'
Another Set of songs that will have you dancing round the living room and singing your heart out.
Perfect for all Glee fans. :D
on 1 April 2013
although my case was broken ( result of buying second hand) it is a good c.d. only problem i experience was having to change some of the information on the disc as it wasn't accurate. ( name of two of the songs ) but it was quick and easy to fix
on 2 September 2011
I love Glee and this CD was no disappointment!! The songs are upbeat and fun (just like the show) and I feel it really gets me running in the gym. Great tracks for a pick me up when your slogging along! xx
on 29 April 2011
This is another volume which shows how good the Glee covers are. It is great. The 'Thriller/ Heads Will Roll' mash-up and 'Landslide' are brilliant! Also, the two original songs: 'Get it Right' and 'Loser Like Me' are fantastic. Finally, 'Afternoon Delight' is a nice surprice, as I love Emma. The only dissappointment for me is 'Kiss' featuring Gwyneth Paltrow. Although I adore her, this song just isn't good. 'Tik Tok' would be a better choice.
on 5 May 2011
This CD contains 2 original Glee songs. I like the original songs, so it was definiately nice to have. Lots of old songs in this CD, but I like them. I recommend it for sure as part of collection.
on 23 July 2014
Glee's music soundtracks are great - the music is brilliant!! Another favourite. I love buying my CD's from Amazon though as you know you will always get them at a great price.