on 2 October 2011
Really happy with this product, finally a car charger for my HTC Desire HD that works :-)

I have gone through 4 car chargers now for My HTC Desire HD and they have all been useless for this particular phone.
The prblem with the Desire HD is that it cannot charge as fast as it uses power so I could do a 2-3 hour journey and the phone would be no more charged than when I set off wether I used the satnav or not. This is because it charges at about 700mAh thinking it is connected to usb.

This Trixes usb charger has 2 sockets, the top sockets outputs 2.1 amps but the critical point is that the data lines are shorted so this fools the phone into thinking it is connected to mains so it draws more current than it would if using usb or a basic car charger.
Last week I drove to the airport (about 2 hours drive) to collect a relative, I switched everything on (bluetooth, wifi, mobile data, sync all, gps, full brightness) and ran the satnav the whole way. My phone was fully charged when I arrived.

If you have a Desire HD then this product is perfect for you, I was intending to use the second usb port for my TomTom but I think I may stick to using the phones Google Navigation which is a bonus.

I drive a Ford Focus 2009 and the charger sits almost flush in the power outlet which is good as it is less obscure than the usual shoe horn sticking out of the dashboard. there is a small blue LED to indicate it is powered. Nothing else to say it does exactly what it says on the tin.

09/10/11 -- Addition, Im not going to reduce the star rating as im still happy with the product but I feel I must mention the blue led is quite bright and when driving at night it can be quite a distraction.
44 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 July 2011
This small, compact, twin-socket product has both a 2.1 amp port and below it a 1 amp port. This means it will quickly and simultaneously charge to full power both my TomTom (it needs 1 amp) and my iPhone (which needs the same). This is the best in-car USB charger I have found. My old one gave only a puny 40 milliamp output -- far too little -- so get this one!

An added bonus is that it fits snugly into my car's cigarette lighter socket, hardly obtruding at all, unlike some other chargers! Delivery was efficient too.
on 24 March 2013
If your car cigarette lighter is not to deep then this product is fine, if your lighter is too deep then this product will not work, I have two cars, it works on one but not the other. If the length of the connector was increased there would not be a problem. Overall a good product provided it fits your particular motor car, if you buy it, it is pot luck whether it will work.
on 23 June 2011
I needed a decent universal Car Charger to suit my satnav, phone and more importantly, my i-Pad.
i-Pads need a higher output than most chargers will give you ( 2.1 amps) this fits the bill really well; small, light and with a reassuring blue charging indicator light, I'd be lost without it now. I can even top up my stuff whilst keeping my boys' i-pod touches going on those long journeys.
Great value for money, don't hesitate.
on 25 November 2011
I've had 2 of these before from the same vendor (says something), they've been used in a variety of circumstances including connecting to an iPad via a solar panel on a yacht - all worked fine with no problems, and it DOES charge an iPad (on a yacht! ).. excellent product!
on 3 May 2011
Bought this charger for new car and it's brilliant. Small and compact plus it even charges the iPad. Great product.
on 1 July 2012
Ideal item to keep in the car. It is nice and compact and feels well made. Despite what other people have said, this passes the 'waggle' test for me - in any of the three charging points in my Vauxhall Insignia. The blue light indicating the unit is receiving power stays on even with waggling it plenty. It charges my HTC Wildfire S with the original HTC cable in the 1.0 and 2.1 amp slots. Very pleased.
on 23 June 2012
perfect for phone charging and Tom Tom at same time in car
Mine is plugged in the passenger foot-well and a 2m USB lead to the Tom Tom on the dash using a Startech.com 6 feet Mini USB Cable - A to Right Angle Mini B along the tunnel

No Problems in Vauxhall Meriva
No Noise
No Need to Waggle?
Just Works Perfectly
on 15 February 2012
Does what it says powering two devices including iPad. However it doesn't fit in some sockets (it's too short) and it has a bright blue LED fitted which is distracting (and thus potentially unsafe) if it's in your field of vision when driving. As it works fine in the socket in the back of the car I'm happy.
on 5 February 2012
I have a number of items that have a usb charger cable. I wanted something that would allow me to charge an item as I travel to and from work as the journey often takes around an hour. This item fits the bill. I have an HTC phone, an ipod and a watch that has a usb charge facility. This item fits the bill. I've had no problems with it. It works for all of the items I've mentioned and based upon its performance would recommend it to anyone looking for something similar