on 2 January 2015
Bought this as a gift for Crimbo. When came to use it was fun and easy and my boy was having fun. We then decided to change the songs so downloaded the app to do so, transferred songs into the Library to do the changes, all very easy up to this point.

Came to plug in the amp to drag and drop and....nothing. I get a message saying the USB device has failed and can't be recognised by Windows. I give it multiple goes on various PC and Laptops and still nowt. So I contacted WowWee Customer Services explaining this and this is the response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We are looking into it. It is possible that since it is an older product we do not support it anymore and it does not work with newer software.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask."

I consider this a bad purchase and am writing it off. Can't blame the seller on Amazon as they delivered it as requested and required, but the Manufacturer's responses leave a lot to be desired.
on 27 August 2015
YOU CAN NO LONGER ADD YOUR OWN SONGS! This feature should be removed from the product description as it is misleading. The website you're directed to to download the app no longer works and the "customer services" says: "Unfortunately, we no longer carry this specific product or accessories relating to this product. Our support for this product is limited to the FAQ section of our website." In my view they should stop selling it if they no longer support it. Disappointed daughter who was hoping to put her favourite songs on there.
on 15 August 2013
Our son wanted a microphone. We thought about a Wii but did not want to spend lots of money. We bought it for his 5th birthday and he loves singing into it even without music.
on 19 May 2013
Quickly arrived. Good fun at family gatherings along with other Paper Jamz items. Being able to add your own tracks means a lot more fun. Cheap fun Karaoke.
on 16 December 2012
My son loves it, as does everyone else, adults included. It's a great idea, compact and doesn't require the user to be able to read as Karaoke machines do. My son can just sing loudly to his heart's content.
on 24 October 2011
Fantastic item cheaper than anywhere else great service amazon do what they say delivery spot on and I live in Spain
This microphone is great for my kids they love singing and this helps them they love it and anyone thinking of buying do so
on 19 January 2013
Bought this for my daughter who is 4 1/2, she loves it. It came loaded with some odd rock songs, which were very easy to remove and replace with songs from my laptop using the simple software from the site, took a couple of minutes. Only slight criticism would be is that you can only load 3 songs, that have to be of a certain size / length. Songs from kids CDs are fine and all seem to fit, but i tried to load a couple of songs from my albums that she likes which wouldnt fit without taking the space for 2 songs out of a possible 3 (I tried to load a couple of Adele songs that would have taken 2 song spaces). This is only a minor thing as kids and most other songs seem to fit ok, plus most children dont have a wide variety of song choice and songs are very easy to swap on and off. Would recommend for the money, sounds OK, not too loud and the there's a few voice manipulation options which are fun.
on 24 May 2013
Its great, easy to use and my 6 year old really enjoys using it. Only holds 3 songs which is a shame but these are easily changed.
on 29 December 2013
I bought this for my 11 year old daughter who has been singing into her hair brush in from if the mirror for sometime now. It's really powerful for a small unit and all the effects work. Highly recommend it.
on 12 August 2015
I bought a Paper Jamz pro microphone in July 2015. This was a birthday present for my grandaughter's 5th birthday. I tried to download her favourite Frozen songs onto it but to no avail. Before I ordered it I read several reviews which were mainly positive. However more recent reviews which have been written since my purchase are stating that other buyers are experiencing the same problems as me in downloading music. One person is saying that they contacted the manufacturer's customer services to be told that the item will no longer work with their newer software. I contacted Amazon & asked whether they knew a way of rectifying this & if not, should Amazon continue to sell an item that clearly is not able to do what it states it can. I was advised by Amazon to return the product & re-order as it may be "possible that you have received the wrong version". However I have checked the other versions of this item & have noted that similar comments are being written in 2015 regarding downloading music onto the other versions as well.
I have given this product 2 stars as it does work as a microphone. However the pre-recorded songs that came with it were not current or suitable which is why I wanted to download my grandaughter's favourite songs.