on 25 June 2017
The end of the series.....the second time for me....wont be the last!!

The gang have faced everything thrown in their path, now they face the evil Lord Loss again and the end of the world.

Will this be the last of Lord Loss, is this the end of the world???

Fast paced, exciting, cosmic, other worldly.

This series needs to be made into films!!
on 29 September 2011
Like I said, it brings nothing new but it doesn't puts your thumbs down as well. I read it in four days, it looked promising in the beginning but then it just took a wrong turn somewhere and got slightly lost...
The character is appealing, we know that he is to become/becomes a vampire, but throughout the book you cannot read (or see) him doing any thing a vampire seems to do like feeding himself... you know that he's going to "go hunting" but that's just it... There are more references to heavy drinking and partying with women that actually "bloodsucking" attacks...

A 3 star book worth reading but not giving it a second pass
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 January 2013
I always found the darren shan series a lot of fun but lacking in information( i suppose to be expected from a childs book but still!). but with this book series i felt hes stepped up. casting the, perhaps more than a liitle, gloomy Larten into a new light.creating a character you can like and feel compassion towards and laugh and cry with too. his books have braught back that animousity that we all secretly like and believe a vampire should have. And hes added a flare of astrocratisy and style to them too that, i believe, soughts vampires extremely well.
on 2 April 2015
As a tenasious reader I was looking for something challenging to read, but something that I could enjoy. I found both these qualities in this fantastical novel. As the fantasy genre is usually not in my interest to read, I was surprised to find my self entranced by the thrilling and magical story of the two young vampires. I will not comment on the happenings of the book, as that would spoil it for the rest of the readers, but I will say that it is a must buy! Wether you are reading this to a child, or as an independent reader, you are sure to be carried off into a magical world of vivd imagination and wonderful adventure.
on 26 July 2014
I have read all 10 and must say, as I have grown up, I have realised ignorant the most sophisticated of literature however it is a great story and keeps you engrossed throughout.

it's not as gory as people claim, the only exception perhaps being the first book.

the overall ending isn't the most exciting compared to all of the goings on over the series but there went many paths to go down and it's brought to a tidy ending.

overall I'm giving it 5 stars for the series not individual book itself as it seems like around 200 pages of almost nothing and that the story was dragged out so that it lasted an even 10 books rather than 9 but the books were probably the only books I chose to read while growing up and it has introduced the world of books as wonderful as they are without sounding too cheesy and I would recommend the series to any boy around 13-14 to spark an interest in reading.
on 13 August 2015
Arrived in fantastic condition the day after I ordered it. Perfect hardback book with an immaculate dust cover. Perfect read. A definite buy for any Darren Shan reader. Especially one who likes the Demonata series. Annoyed me at the end however when I originally read this series.
on 19 April 2015
This book takes a lot of thought, it was good but sometimes it got a bit dull but then quickly something exciting came. If you have read the saga of darren shan then you will recognize a lot of the other characters and it like being taught the suck (basically being taught something you already know.) But don't decide not to read it something tells me it is going to get much better.
on 17 November 2009
Although this book is pretty short compared to a lot of other books I read, Darren gets to the point and doesn't add in endless pages of waffle. What I also like about Darren's books both this series and the Darren Shan Saga is there are no soft options, no 'pink icing'- brutal decisions are made and characters you are fond of die. I also felt this provided a good ending - it wasn't what I expected at all and i can imagine it must be difficult to try to think of something original to wrap this saga up with - I think he succeeded.

This book is fast paced and I read it in one sitting. If you have been drawn in by this latest saga from Darren I doubt you will be disappointed with the final book.
on 9 August 2017
came well within time frame and they are great books my grandson loves them and he is not normally into books
on 1 April 2018