on 16 November 2011
This is the first binder I have ever owned and I am well pleased with it!
I am a FTM and considered purchasing this as part of my transition. A lot of places online refer back to Underworks' binders, especially this particular one which I then decided getting. I am about 33,4'' and got the small one which was a real trouble getting on. But once it's on it compresses nicely. Don't give up and think you need a bigger size just because you struggle first; find some helpful videos online and give it a go. You might need to pull it up from stepping into it or, if your hips are too wide like mine, slip it over your head (watch out - you don't want to dislocate your shoulders struggling! Take your time).
It's easy to breathe in and gives some nice looking pecs. For me it ends just above my stomach and doesn't press down on it; it's comfortable sitting, walking and talking in. A great buy!
on 7 January 2016
I am FTM transgender, and this is the second binder type I have tried from Underworks, the first being the tank top/997 style. Of those two, the tri-top is definitely my preference, as the longer 997 would roll up and compress my stomach doubly when I needed no compression there at all.
The quality of all Underworks binders I have tried is really good, and the compression makes my 34C chest almost completely flat. (I bought size small.)
Generally, the fit is very comfortable - it is easy to forget you are wearing one. However, at first the binder material would irritate the skin under my arms a little. As it was not hot, I wore a vest underneath the binder and allowed the vest material to poke out from the binder under the arms, to protect this area from irritation. Once the binder was worn in and washed a few times this problem disappeared.
I experience absolutely no breathing difficulties due to these binders. I exercise hard in them and have never had any problems.
I always handwash my binders, so cannot say how well they hold up in a washing machine. However, I would expect they can handle it on low temperatures as they are very well made. I have been alternating two tri-tops for over a year and they have only just started to show signs of wear, and even now the compression is still very good.
The only complaint I have is that the low part of the neck and the bottom of the binder can sometimes protrude outwards and become visible under t-shirts. I wear fairly loose clothes so don't find this particularly problematic, but for someone who prefers tighter clothing this may be an issue. Leaning backwards or stretching upwards in particular can make the bottom line of the binder very visible. I cannot remember if this was always an issue or if it came about slowly after wearing the binder for a while.
Overall, though, I would definitely recommend this or another Underworks binder to anyone looking for this sort of compression. They're great quality, providing strong compression but also being comfortable to wear, and are definitely worth the money.
on 27 April 2014
This binder is not comfortable, but if comfort is what you're looking for you are in the wrong business. It isn't outright painful, but I am usually aware of the compression, and extended wear makes my upper middle back ache. There is some chaffing under the arms but not so much that it becomes unbearable. That being said, you do "get used" to wearing it. It does roll up a little on me, but there's not a lot to be done about that.

The material is a fine mesh that is fairly breathable but it can get very hot.

The tri-top is more comfortable than the double front due to the lack of stomach compression, and certainly outperforms it in terms of binding ability - I have to double over or even "triple over" my double front to get this flat.

I recommend this binder for people with a C cup and above - those with smaller chests may find the double front suits them better, but for my chest (~38DD) I need the extra strength to ah, pull things in.

As with any new binder, the first few days it feels difficult to breathe, until it stretches out a little and you get used to the extra pressure - it should not be dangerously so, however - it should be possible to get in a decent breath, and if not you might need a size up.

The tri-top is suitable for wearing whilst exercising provided that it is of the correct size, but you will find yourself getting out of breath slightly faster.

This binder is much safer than ace bandage alternatives as it does not tighten or constrict as you move or breathe. That being said, binding can still cause/correlates to health problems, and you should avoid wearing it for extended periods - I try not to bind for more than 6-8 hours, and never more than 10. It is also good to take "time off" from binding if you can.

To put one on, I do not recommend stepping in if you have any hips at all as the material is rough and will scratch your skin as you tug hard to get it on. Instead, put one arm in, then your head, and then pull it to the side to get the other arm in and straighten it out.

These are sold at a decent price and are good value for money. If you can afford it, you probably want to buy three at a time so that you can wear them alternately and keep them from wearing out too much, but I've got a good four-five months of solid wear (with washing!) out of one when cash was tight before it wore out too much.

Cold wash (30 degrees C) and DO NOT TUMBLE DRY! They do not hold much moisture and dry overnight at room temperature in air.

Underworks is a very helpful and understanding seller and I have once had to contact them after ordering a wrong sized binder. They replied within a day and sent me the correct size - they always deliver in very good time for an international seller.
on 18 March 2013
Over the years my breasts have grown to a 30HH and have become more and more uncomfortable for me to have, eating away at my self-esteem. I decided to switch to a binder and this one arrived today, it was incredibly difficult to get on, and using the step in method wasn't an option for me as my hips are far wider than my shoulders.

Once I had got it on it was bunched and rolled up uncomfortably around the top of my back, under my arms and collar bone. At this point in getting it on I recommend you take your time getting it straightened out. Unroll the front as well as you can, then pull up at the back of the neck to unroll at the back, and unroll and pull down under the armpits. Alternate between these movements a little at a time until you can reach the back from the bottom and unfurl it properly.

Once I had got it on it was so comfortable! No straps or underwires to rub or dig in, no cups to migrate out of over the day. :) It hasn't made my chest flat, it never was going to at the size I am, but the shape is now a much more manageable 'front bumper' rather that two 'forward torpedoes with a massive amount of room between'. My clothes now do not strain across the chest and today I feel more confident than I have in a long time!
on 29 December 2011
I bought this binder after using a second hand one, at first it was a bit hard to get into but of course this is always the case with binder. Once I got to grips with the fact that you had to step into it first and pull it up over your legs [tip for everyone] it was perfect! As a transgendered person it is important for me to appear more 'male' and this worked out just fine, since wearing it I've pased 90% of the time, though it cost a bit it is worth the price.
It came quick as well, very quick, I was very impressed with how speady the delievery was and how small the package was. Easy to fit into a student's post box without having any questions asked by prying flat mates. Anyone wanting to invest in a binder this is the one! The longer ones roll up and don't bind as good, this one is just fine.

Also when buying a binder don't get a size smaller! This one is my exact chest size and it is a little tight, but I feared that getting a larger size wouldn't do the trick. Never bind for too long, even in this one my chest and ribs start to hurt. Don't let that put you off, this is a fantastic binder and well worth the price.
on 27 July 2016
Absolutely fantastic.
I'm a 28-30KK, so I'm a very busty person, and this all but made them vanish. I was impressed. I thought I'd have to wear a jean vest, or a plaid shirt over my top to mask a lack of compression, but I don't. [See the attached photos for a comparison.]
The only thing I would say is that it is quite short. Obviously, it is meant to be a shorter tank top, and I purchased it for that reason, however with the larger bust, I do feel like my nipples are going to be squeezed out the bottom like a tube of toothpaste. I did worry that there would be a visible line at the bottom of the binder, where it dug in slightly, but there is nothing of the sort.
As stated in other reviews, the armpits are a little on the chafe-ey side, but nothing I can't deal with. If I lie down, there is some rubbing of the neckline as well, but it is high enough that it covers even the slightest suggestion of cleavage.
review image review image
on 24 July 2013
It binds, but remember not to wear it for excessive amounts of time or you'll damage your ribcage. I don't wear it as much as I used to, but sometimes it's still good. Seriously at one point I was wearing it almost all of the time but then I noticed my lung capacity was a bit shit and my chest was hurting so I stopped because I don't want lung issues, even if the other issues are pressing too.
on 1 July 2016
I've had this for over a week now and have worn it everyday, washing it in the washing machine and air drying it (although label says you can tumble dry). It has become a little less tight since day one but that's normal and good because I have never used one before and it was uncomfortably tight on day one.

Overall really great, works well even for a large chest (38D) :)
on 7 January 2015
I was reccommended this brand by my friends on social media and one of my irl friends who is trans. Now, I'm big chested (DD...) and I was skeptical over how it'd fit and... wow, it's amazing! When I put it on I nearly burst into tears, it's fantastic! I have a cold right now so I'm a little out of breath, probably more than usual, but when I tried it on it was MUCH more comfortable than I had expected! I got it in XL because of my chest size and I was so worried it was going to be too big/ not flatten me out but it did!
Thank you so much!
on 15 October 2014
I bought this to make me look more like a chap during battle re-enactments. It is very well made and comfortable, but, judging from the other comments on here, too large. As it is to squish the bust, I measured over my bust, but think I should have measured under. It is comfortable, easy to put on, definitely does a decent job in changing my shape, and doesn't restrict my breathing at all. Any larger and it wouldn't work, but as I will need to wear it for extended periods whilst being very active, I am delighted I made the mistake! I gave only dropped it a star as how to measure for it is not explained.