on 14 October 2012
This book is full of great wisdom and logic yet presented in simple, everyday language.
Whenever Buddhist terms are used it is almost as an aside (they could be edited out with no great loss) the message and meanings given priority.
Please do not be deterred by the title, the subject matter is more concerned with reconciling our own, individual place in the Universe than the usual definition of "Reconciliation."
There seems to me to be nothing here which would be contradictory to Christianity or any other religion.
I found it so charming and so deep that I have re-read it several times and am now planning to give it for everyone I love for Christmas!
on 7 October 2013
Reading this, I understood completely, convincingly and all at once why not to send my inner child unheard back "downstairs" any more. A favourite and definitely helpful book to me.
on 15 July 2014
This book shows to me a beautiful way to learn it comfort the little child inside & allow healing yo take place , not in a harsh way other inner child books can come across , but gentler , I go back yo thus book time & time again
on 12 December 2015
Truly supportive gift for we all have an Inner Child in need of tender loving words and the grace of Thich Nhat Hanh.
on 12 January 2013
I love and treasure this book and have given copies to friends and family who also love it and have found Thich Nhat Hanh's words healing at a deep level. About to buy yet another copy. PJ
on 11 January 2015
this book intermixed populist psychology the budhist teaching .He includes beautiful meditations that look at healing the wounds of our mothers, fathers , grandfathers and grandmothers.
on 16 November 2013
As always Thich Nhat Hanh's simple, clear,kind wisdom is supportive, inspiring and helpful. His depth of understanding of Buddhist teachings is reflected on and he brings to this a depth of insight and understanding of early wounding and trauma in a way that is integrating and healing.
on 1 October 2014
Haven't finished yet, but love some of the explanations in the book already.
on 16 December 2013
I ordered this book for something different to read, It was certainly that. I learned some new things. really enjoyed it.
on 9 March 2012
This book is the most transformative book I have read on the Buddhist subject. If I knew what it would contain for me before hand, I would gladly have paid 1000 for it. I have been struggling with depression for several years after a serious sickness and my father's death, and my subsequent divorce. I have read several books of Thay's and they are all fantastic. This in particular made it possible for me to access the pain I have been feeling. It concerns the compassion for self and others, like the Tonglen meditation tradition. But to enter into this form of meditation you must have compassion for yourself first, or you will not be able to bear other peoples pain as well. He addresses methods for gaining the insight into your own suffering and how to use compassion to transform it.
11 Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse