on 16 July 2017
OK for occasional use
on 22 April 2013
I am very attached to a venerable IBM PS/2 "clunker" keyboard and have recently acquired a very fast Dell machine that has no connector for it. This adapter works perfectly and I am a happy man. I do not use the mouse connector on the Belkin device and fortunately this does not seem to matter.
on 10 October 2013
I purchased this for an elderly friend who was running a Windows 7 laptop but could not see the black keyboard and wanted to use her old white PS2 keyboard.

She is delighted with the result and has had no problems.
on 1 December 2013
This does what it says on the tin and will work when it is used with one PC however if you are hoping to use it with a hot key to change PCs via a KVM Switch you may have problems.

I have a 4-port PS/2 KVM (of the Chinese Purple-cased variety) that switches PCs with a keyboard hot key sequence. This is Scroll-Lock twice for a beep and then Cursor-Up or Down to change PCs. Strange thing is it does work sometimes but more often not. I'll be on one PC and then change over to another and it will change then change again then freeze for no apparent reason and on a PC upon which it worked before. This means I have to scrabble around under my desk to use the manual button on the KVM. I tried using an (optional) power supply with the KVM but it made no difference.

I can't say if it will work or not with your own KVM however and to be fair, it does work well with one PC which is why I gave it a 3-star "OK". From reviews I read I had higher hopes fr this adapter though.

I have replaced one of my 4 PCs recently with a new build and there is no PS/2 on the motherboard, just USB. Next I'll try a PCI card that provides two PS/2 ports for mouse and keyboard; I have a spare PCI slot doing nothing right now. I'll write a review on that and let folks know if it works or not. It's sold on Amazon and you can find it by searching for "PS2 and PCI". I've never been that keen on USB connections for mouse and keyboard. I'm in IT and have always found PS/2 to be rock solid whilst I've had many problems with USB mice and keyboards, especially with OS installations on new systems - W7 hasn't given me problems yet but XP and Vista can be finicky.

[UPDATE: The PCI card works a treat it's just like having native PS/2 on the motherboard. Old-style KVM users out there may want to go down that route to avoid compatibility problems]
on 25 March 2014
I can't believe it. I have bought something tech based on a pure gamble and it works perfectly. Thank you to everyone that has reviewed this device positively before me!

You see, I have an old PC bought in about 2002. It runs XP and I use it just for MS Money. For eveything else I have a Mac. But the keyboard on the Mac is difficult to use for old farts like me used to ye olde keyboards on 80s/90s mainframes.

So I wondered if my old PC PS/2 keyboard and mouse could connect to a Mac through this -- and actually work. And yes they can!

You simply plug in the keyboard and mouse to this adapter, plug it into the Mac, and away you go. There is a keyboard 'wizard' to go through at first, and you may wish to alter the 'modifier keys' in the Keyboard part of System Preferences, but it is all very simple. A quick search gave me this article:

[...]

Plus, I can use the same PS/2 keyboard and mouse with this device with the PC -- I simply connect it into one of the PC's USB ports. Works fine.

Very happy. Delivery in less than 48hrs from ordering, too.

(PS I also bought the Perixx PERIPRO-401B, PS/2 to USB Adapter, just to bring the order up to £10 and avoid P&P, and that device works perfectly too).
on 6 June 2013
Plug in old PS/2 Mouse and keyboard - plug into USB on your computer - and it simply works.

Have been frustrated by the little "converters" before, this allowed me to use my old awesome keyboard and mouse which they don't make any more.
on 13 October 2013
Chose this over other cheaper options after reading the reviews. This works exactly as I had hoped it would. No issues of any sort at all with it.
on 27 March 2014
... which is great! Not only can I use my existing PS2 Keyboard/mouse with my new PC (no PS2 ports) but it means that the KVM switch provides the necessary cable extension to reach the PC under my desk (which none of the keyboard/mouse cables are long enough to do!). Also works fine with a second PC connected to the swithc and I can change from one to the other in the usual way (double hit the Print Lock key with my particular KVM).
on 20 April 2013
Behaves like an adapter i.e. does the physical mating but does not allow the keyboard or mouse to be recognised for what they are.
The system sees the adapter only.
on 13 October 2012
Having sold my PC I bought a laptop but I wanted the use the 22" monitor left behind so needed a cable to connect the 2. Going for the good reputation of Belkin this cable is good quality, of reasonable cost, is easy to fix up, does the job as promised and the service from order to delivery was great.

See one answered question