on 10 November 2016
Bought this because of the great offer (price). Already had one which I still use.
This is a truly professionally made charger, which lasts and lasts.
Will take 12 and 24 Volts.
The best car charger for USB I have owned.
on 17 May 2013
I've had a few of these sorts of chargers over the years, but usually only buy pretty cheap ones that often overheated and broke a few weeks or months later. I paid a little more for this TomTom model and not only has it lasted well, it has some useful features. I particularly like the fast charge socket, which charges up my phone quite quickly, faster than the trickle charge you seem to get from the other sockets and conventional chargers.
If I had to pick a very niche drawback it's that when I'm using my iPhone with an FM transmitter, I seem to get a lot more interference when the phone is charging off the quick charge socket than when I plug it into the other USB port. Not a huge deal, just an oddity that I've recently noticed. I still recommend the product.
on 5 October 2015
IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY IPHONE 5. This is the Product Description and you can see it is compatible with iPad, iPod and iPhone, however it is not true:

Charge up to 3 devices at the same time with the high speed multi charger. The charger is compatible with most USB devices such as mobile phones, MP3 players and navigation devices as well as high voltage devices such an in-car DVD system. The 2.1 amp port is especially suitable for extra fast charging of high power USB devices like the iPad, iPod and iPhone. To get optimal performance from your TomTom navigation device, use TomTom accessories.
on 10 April 2015
Well made multi charger. With the increasing number of gadgets in the car these days a few extra USB sockets are always welcome. I have used it to power an Android phone, Sat Nav and Laser detector - all at the same time without problems. The device is quite tall and sits quite high above the socket so it won't always be suitable for sockets that are tucked away in awkward positions partiularly when you factor in the extra clearance needed for the cables that will be plugged into it. I also found that the fit was very tight when inserting the device into my car's socket. Still, at least it doesn't work itself out.
on 10 March 2017
If you have a Renault like myself you may have realised that many of the cheaper end gadgets that plug into the socket to charge aren't deep enough on the silver pin to work . I can confirm that this Tom Tom multi charger IS deep enough and works beautifully . It's a nice piece of kit fitting firmly and securely and doing its job with no fuss or distraction .
on 30 October 2016
I have tried many different cigar lighter power connectors. This one from TomTom is well made, works reliably, and fits most car sockets (car manufacturers don't design cigar lighter socket and some are easier to get to than others). There are many cheaper options, but none that I could recommend as strongly as I would this one (we have four in our household now!). It is not cheap, but is excellent value for money. (I don't have a TomTom satnav, by the way - I use this to power my Garmin...)
on 16 March 2017
Much better in the flesh so to speak. A high quality item. Photo doesn't do it justice frankly. I use it to plug through for my dash cam, and run the tontom and my phone off the USB's... Brilliant.
on 4 October 2015
I was happy to receive a charger with both Sat Nav and phone and especially when it says fast charging. The problem I have is that the fast charger doesn't charge my phone fast; it barely keeps the same percentage. I have to be honest, I wish it charged as advertised
on 14 August 2015
I had this after purchasing a TOMTOM Start 25 (A great sat-nav by the way) and needed a way to charge my phone, sat nav (when needed) and to keep my dash cam plugged in constantly.

This does the job very well, I personally have my dash cam connected in the top, leaving the USB open for my phone and sat nav.
The top USB port has a larger amperage and so will charge your device quicker than the lower port.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 August 2012
Works perfectly with the iPad ( unlike many chargers) and can also charge a low power requirement device via the other USB port in addition to the duplicated 12v socket. So , up to 3 devices at one time which is quite impressive.

Main drawbacks are that only one high power device (e.g. iPad) can be charged via the dedicated USB socket at one time and the charger is perhaps a little bulkier than the photo might lead you to believe. The photo does show the unit accurately but look at the size of the 12v socket to gauge the overall size.

However, this is simply the best incar iPad charger I've used yet.