on 13 March 2014
I initially bought this product to use while camping and in the caravan. I was so impressed I bought a few more for my sister too. It charges very quickly, and stays charged for a long time. I charged mine 2 weeks ago, and with using it about 30-60mins a day it still works fine. You need to press and hold down the on/off switch for at least 5 seconds for it to come on.
on 10 September 2013
The PowerBee solar lantern is the best solar lantern available. it's modern, sleek and stylishly designed & what's more "it works" and works very well. I use it most nights at home. I've already slashed my electricity bill in half. i'm reducing my carbon footprint & saving money at the same time. with a little care I expect my lantern to last for years.it also has a usb connection for charging your phone & can be charged via the mains. give one to each of your kids and watch the savings multiply. I love it.
on 17 August 2011
The light is bright casts more downward glow downwards than the windup lanterns I've had. Used it a few times this summer - very pleased
on 22 April 2013
Bought two to go camping, but I use them all over the house as well. I just leave them on a window sill and they are always charged for me. It has different setting, bright, dimmer, and two different flashing sequences, it can be charged through you computer or an adaptor too. I love them.
on 9 September 2013
I used this for lighting rooms at night. It is bright on full power, and can be put on half power and still light a room enough. I brought this mainly as it had the feature that allowed different light settings. On dim level it does run for a whole night.
on 1 February 2014
These lamps work really well. Lightweight and strong. I took a couple back to West Africa, where they are very useful in places without electricity. Also ideal for camping.
I want to take some more next time I go out to Africa.
on 11 September 2013
Gives a strong light when switched on and is ideal for using in the caravan awning during the evening! I pop it outside during the day to catch the best sunny spot and then use it as a light to take the dogs for a last walk! Lasts all evening and we can be seen like 'wee willy winky?? Around the camp site! Excellent product! Arrived well before time,adequately packaged! Would reccomend to all happy campers!!
on 31 July 2013
good price, great torch really bright and lasts a long time once fully charged brilliant for camping and is really light
on 25 May 2016
Totally happy with this item. I bought it just before going to Kruger National Park for a two week trip where it can be really useful to have your own outdoor light. This wasn't a camping trip but often there is little light to say read by outside, or to have in an emergency. In fact we did stay a night in a camp without power and I hung it in the hut from the roof - very useful to cast some general light to get about the room hands-free. The quality of the light itself if pleasant, with the plastic base acting as a diffuser, but still poky enough to light the area for general activity. For reading at a table I guess a focused spotlight might be better but it was perfectly good. It is robust and not so bulky you wouldn't take it in your suitcase ( I did). As for charging the angled plate means you can prop it against a tree root to charge. I also had it on the car dash board charging which was OK though it would slide around a bit.
on 19 July 2014