on 9 January 2013
"Excellent service yet again from Amazon. Product is well made - 'does it's job'. The only flaw is that whilst the zipper & cover are well made, the actual zip-lapel is fragile and it my come off at some point in the future with frequent use. Otherwise I love this cover and would wholly recommend it. Its robust, looks great, and will certainly protect my Kindle for some time. Very pleased with the purchase."
on 21 October 2011
I've given it 2 stars because it does the job, it looks OK too, but it's WAY overpriced, probably worth about £8.99. Might return it and try something else!
11 Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2011
I bought this item at the same time as my Kindle.
I only wish that I had waited to see what other cases were available.
This does the job of protecting the kindle when not in use, but is terribly over priced!
I have since bought a much better case for a fraction of the cost of this one. I really should have returned this, but couldn't face the hassle.
on 15 March 2012
There are several reviews stating this case has a poor quality zip, but mine has been fine so far despite constant daily use.

I wanted a case to protect my Kindle while travelling with it, and that case needed to be lightweight, offer sensible protection and look reasonably nice. This case does all that. It is made of tough, scuff-resistant fabric and lined with a bright green foam which offers good protection without being heavy or bulky. There is no built-in screen protection, so a big drop onto a sharp edge or corner could damage your Kindle, as could sitting on it; this case is to protect from normal day-to-day wear while you carry it about. The zip runs across the top and down the side, making it very easy to insert or remove the Kindle. This is a carry case, designed to hold the kindle during transport but not during reading. I prefer to read a naked Kindle, so this is what I wanted - don't choose this case is you want one which stays on all the time. The zip is lightweight plastic, but has proved durable so far. I've used it for a couple of months and have opened the zip probably an average of 3 times per day in that time, with no issues whatsoever.

In summary, a lightweight, robust and stylish case for transporting your Kindle in coats, bags, cases or whatever.
on 16 November 2011
Bought this as a must have, for protection, as my OH has kindly bought me a Kindle. Found it to be well made, and the brown strip shown is actually a strap which you can use to hold your Kindle/cover firmly (don't want to drop it!). However, must warn that although its neat and smart, I found that you cannot use it whilst reading - the zip goes around two sides only so you have to remove the device to use it. So I give it 4 stars.
VINE VOICEon 24 May 2012
I bought this cover at the same time as I bought my Kindle Touch on a visit to the States, benefiting from the dollar price and delivered direct to my Vegas Suite! At the time I did think the 20$ was quite expensive for the case but was convinced by the reviews on Amazon.com. It's even dearer on Amazon UK!

I am glad I bought the case because it has proved to be just right. I don't like extra bulk on my Kindle Touch when reading and wanted a removable case simply to protect it in my pocket or bag. The Zip is fine and I've had no problems at all with its durability. The fabric of the case itself is thick enough to do it's job without adding too much extra weight or bulk - in fact I've used my Kindle on deployment in Afghanistan and this case has been perfect - allowing me to carry the Kindle around in the thigh pocket of my combat trousers so it's available whenever I have time for reading. The honeycomb padding on the inside of the case does a good job of protecting the eReader - but I've found it leaves a feint mark on the Kindle itself over a period of several months' use. This is not really any damage, just a sheen that's slightly visible in the right light. The case could offer better protection and better value for money if it offered a thin aluminum sheet embedded in the case to protect the screen itself from sharp knocks.

The leather 'strap' on the outside of the case is great for carrying it - but also for clipping my Kandle by Ozeri II in Graphite -- Designed for the Amazon Kindle (fits latest generation Kindle and all models), and other eBook readers to the Kindle case so that's readily available as well!

I guess Amazon will go on ripping us off with accessories like this case and the similarly overpriced Kandle just so long as we keep buying them! Resist if you can - but they are both good.
on 26 October 2011
I bought the Kindle as a gift expecting a box full of goodies, however I had to buy a seperate charger and one of these sleeve's.
The charger should come in the box in my mind, as the iPhone range does.
The sleeve is a necessity but VERY over-priced. Amazon know this is the only sleeve that will do whats needed hence the price.

What turned from a £89 xmas gift has now turned into £130 (inc P+P) because of the 'other add ons'

C'mon guys give us a break, where' your Xmas spirit?!!
on 17 October 2011
I have bought many things on Amazon and this is the first time I feel I need to write a review. I wanted a cover to protect my shiny new kindle, it soon became apparent that there aren't many available for the new model. The ones that are there are painfully expensive. I thought I would just buy this one as it was just a basic cover to put the kindle in when carrying/storing it, which is what I needed. Now that it has arrived, I feel slightly violated... Honestly, if this was a cover for anything else such as a small laptop etc, It would be no more than £5 or £6. It's nothing special, made of cheap materials and has a tacky feel to it, the zipper seems cheap and weak. I would say look for another cover because of the price but they are all this expensive, absolutely crazy, we are being seriously ripped off.

It does the job though so I give it 1 star for that.
11 Comment| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2011
Very smart looking piece of kit that protects the new kindle well. But please do something about the exorpitant price.
on 29 February 2012
I love my kindle case keeps it clean and safe. It as a hard lining which keeps it in tact easy to zip into and out of.