on 12 September 2014
Excellent, great, gripping first book. Really wonderfully well written and well thought out book. So great that I hope the next one is just as good as this one as I can't wait to see what happens to Lily next and how her relationship with Trevor develops. Would highly recommended this book.
on 15 February 2014
This was a nice read, but i feel at times there was not enough detail and a bit rushed.
You can begin to predict what may happen with Trevor. The fact that she rushed into it we all knew it would be a mistake. I love Justin and hope there is more of him in the next book. I feel very much for Lily and I want everything to be okay here's to the next book. I would recommend this book if you like short, quick reads, bit of romance and drama.
on 21 July 2013
I did feel for poor old Lilly but maybe because of my own experience I could see what was coming. I was a little disappointed that there was no actual violence, I would have expected something more than him gripping her tightly. Not that I'm encouraging that but I did think that she was incredibly naive marrying someone so quickly and who did show signs of not being very mature. Either way I'm intrigued to find out if she escapes him! Time for book two!
on 31 January 2014
I didn't feel any sympathy for any of the characters in the book. I couldn't believe that Lily could be that silly, I wanted to knock some sense into her. I thought her solution was unlikely to work and there were other viable options available. I hope Justin doesn't appear in any more of the books, he deserves a break!
on 17 August 2013
I read it quite quickly because it's easy reading. If you want something pretty mindless that you don't really have to concentrate on, it's fine. I could see most of the events coming and can't understand how anyone can be so naive as the "heroine". But then, if she wasn't, there wouldn't be a story at all.

I won't pay for the second one (glad I didn't pay for the first one) but would read it if it was free.
on 13 March 2014
Really liked the plot of the story since it began with her being in college. Realistic storyline with him becoming an abusive husband and her blaming herself and also thinking she'd done something wrong to cause him to be this way toward her suddenly. Can't wait to purchase the next book to see how the story ends!
on 4 April 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I can see why many wouldn't but this was right up my alley.

I loved the cheesy romance to begin with and found the relationship and abuse believable which what made the book for me.

I can't wait to read the next book!
on 12 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book, I usually go for the silly romance novels where there is always a happy ending. But this made a nice change. At times I felt for Lilly's character but others I wanted to kick her up the bum and make her see! I think I got a little too into it. As a bonus I got the first 3 chapters of the sequel and have gotten through those too, can wait to buy it now and see how it all finishes up. I would strongly recommend :)
I found I couldn't manage to read this all and I confess I skipped straight to the end eventually. I was not surprised to find that my first impressions about the characters were correct and I had correctly spotted the villain. It does seem to be very drawn out and I really couldn't care enough to find the second installment.
on 7 November 2013
A bit predictable. It just slowly plodded along but I stuck with it. It started to pick up the pace about three quarters of the way through and just as I thought it might get a bit more exciting it just petered out to a wishy washy ending.
I would hardy describe it as 'a novel of suspense'