Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 29 August 2012
I chose this cable after deciding to go for something that wasn't attempting to be an Apple like product because I have used the cheaper Apple knock-off cables before and they have always been flimsy and poorly made - which is reflected in their price. And while the price of the cheaper replacement cables may seem more attractive, the Amazon Basic cable offers a more sturdy, reliable and sleeker product.
With a product such as this you don't want to have to be spending a fortune on finding something that works. The cheaper knock-off cables may sway you with their low prices, but let's face it paying a few more pounds for something that you know will work and will continue to work without falling to pieces with regular use is worth it. While their are more expensive alternatives on the market (and cheaper ones too), Amazon have offered a good quality middle ground product which does exactly what it says on the tin without looking like a tacky Apple wannabe product.
on 14 February 2015
The cables Apple give are horrendous. They don't last very long because the quality of the material is so poor. However with this cable, it feels sturdy, strong yet beautiful. Ok I will give this one to Apple the iPod Nano cable I received back from 2007 was strong and it could still be used. But the new ones - a few months and there gone! I'm shocked to say Amazon make better cables than the original company!

In my photo, the Amazon Cable is on the left side, the newer 30 pin cables are in the middle and the older ones are on the far right. Tell me which one looks sturdy.
review image
on 9 October 2012
Having had a couple of cheap cables delivered that did not work, stopped working or simply were so badly made that that they did not connect properly, I eventually decided to try the Amazon Basics version of this cable (even if it was the wrong colour!). The superior build quality was apparent as soon as I open then product, quality cable, well made connectors that just fit snugly without requiring undue force to push it in, and it seems to charge faster than the last one I had that works - perhaps because the wire in the cable is a better quality.

It has taken me a while to realise that cheap cables are not a saving. I am very pleased with this cable, and tempted to by a set of Amazon Basics cables for other USB devices as they are distinctive and clearly a well engineered product.
on 9 August 2014
Bought this nearly two years ago, and they're still running strong. Not had a single problem with them so far and the quality is very impressive. I highly recommend getting these instead of the Apple manufactured ones.
on 5 January 2014
In a house where the white Apple cables constantly mysteriously hide themselves (usually in clusters) under a teenager's bed, I wanted cables that didn't look like Apple cables.
Since every Apple product is supplied with it's own cable, I have no idea why this should be.
As with other reviewers, I had tried the cheap-and-nasty 'genuine Apple' knock-offs but they tend to 'fail' very quickly and are ultimately a waste of money.
These Amazon essential cables are great! Dare I suggest that they are possibly better than the genuine Apple cables? Yes I do! They are really well made and work perfectly...
Now, what I need is a way to prevent them from hiding under a teenager's bed... :-)
on 6 September 2016
I decided to purchase the AmazonBasics USB Charging and Synchronising Cable over other branded cables.

My decision was made easy due to the fact that this product was backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty. At the time other manufacturers were not offering similar warranties.

I had gone through many such cables and I was sure that this cable would fail to. I purchased the cables in Decemebr 2013 and almost coming upto 3 years. The cables are still going strong. A big shout out to Amazon for sourcing such an excellent quality product.

I purchased this item at full price. If the product is unworthy of a good review, I think it is unfair to leave positive feedback as this can mislead potential buyers. I hope you found the review helpful. Please click on the “Yes” button below.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like my other AmazonBasics products this lead is good value and very well made. Sure you can get replacement leads for your Apple devices for less but I have generally found them to be rather poorly made copies of the Apple original. This lead doesn't pretend to be anything other than an AmazonBasics product and reflects the high quality of the brand.

Whether you are looking for a replacement for an Apple original or buying a spare to use at work or other location then this will do nicely. The AmazonBasics packaging is good - just the minimum required to keep the product safe, and easy to open too. A high quality connector that should give long service - recommended.
on 11 October 2014
Please read!

First of all you are probably thinking "Oh there is so many good reviews and so many sold, or oh look Best Seller", well take that right out of your mind, and let me tell you why this is one of the worst products I have bought from Amazon.

I bought this thinking the same thing, thinking, oh it will be okay I have one year warranty. WRONG!

Not even worth one star.

Bear in mind I bought the lightning cable as well, same problems exist on that too.

Straight out of the box it was such a poor design, because of the fact that the plug is so cheap and filmze, it would not stay in the device and it was a health and safety concern, this is one that I would suspect that would explode in the night.

The wire is very cheaply made and poorly connected to each plug making the cable very easy to just come a part.

Just such a wrong choice I made buying this, I knew, I KNEW I should not of bought this and just listened to the reviews.

I was expecting so much more from Amazon, I will not be buying any of the Amazon Basic products anymore.

Plus the fact it is not cheaper either. Really disappointed, please take my review and what I am telling you into advance, I am not in any way joking, I just wish I did not buy this product but I did, but now I am helping you trying to stop you from wasting your money and time buying this useless cable.

Thank You for reading my review, sorry to all the other people who wasted their time and money on this, am one of you.
on 14 August 2014
I have had two of these leads for my iPhone 4. The first one packed in within a week, but I got it replaced free of charge. When the replacement came it worked for about a month and continues to say 'this accessory may not be supported' safe to say I will not be purchasing another one. Not impressed.
on 2 February 2014
Having read other reviews I decided to choose this one for my iPad. I had expected the lead to be longer than the apple original but it was the same,

However, the reason for my giving it 1 star, (wished there was a 0 star!), it worked for 2 weeks only. Then it would charge only if I wiggled it or kept hold of it...then wouldn't charge at all. Which suggested loose wires inside the sealed unit.

I know that it is the lead rather than me as I am currently using my son's iPod charger with no hassle at all.

Very disappointed, which rarely happens for me with Amazon purchases.