on 5 June 2011
Finally a simple and cheap way to capture video from my PS3.

I've had the Roxio Game Capture for several weeks now and have to say I am impressed. I've been capturing game footage from my PC for years, making videos of EVE Online mainly, but now I can do the same from my PS3. I've been experimenting a lot, mainly making video's of Dirt 3, and find the whole process simple.

The Roxio Game Capture was easy to set up and the software you install on your computer is a breeze to use.

When I am finally happy with a video I have made, from an "artistic" point of view (Spielberg wouldn't release a sub standard film (ok ok, War of the Worlds and Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull aside he hasn't)), I shall see if I can link it to this review.

If you've ever wanted to easily capture gaming footage from your console then the Roxio Game Capture does the trick nicely.
77 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2014
This Capture Card is for people who are just starting YouTube and they have no idea if people are going to watch their videos. What I mean by that is, it's 420p which is terrible graphics, but the Roxio Game Capture SD does make it seem about 520p in my opinion, you can hardly see the video you have recorded in playback, the software is the best thing it comes with. I bought this item after going to PC World and buying the Elgato thinking that it was a bargain because it was on offer, so I started to read up about this item and after looking at tests it was rubbish and I knew it was a mistake, so when it came I sent it straight back. As the item was on its way back I bought the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro and that is the best Capture Card I have ever used, you can Live Strem, 1080p which is crisp,and smooth and I use it on Xbox One and PS4 and it works better than my Elgato. Dont buy this item buy the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro for £100 2x the price but it's 10x better Qulity. I think anybody who has done the same would agree. Thamks
on 2 January 2012
I was a little apprehensive about buying this because there are some bad reviews suggesting that you can have various audio and video quality issues unless you own a super-PC of some sort. My laptop is a year or so old and only cost me £300, so I was worried that I might encounter the same issues described in the bad reviews. When I first tried using it, it seemed that my fears came true as I encountered both audio and video issues. However, after doing a quick search on YouTube, I quickly found answers to the problems. All I needed to do was make two very simple changes to the settings within the Roxio software options - 1. Change the TV setting to NTSC_M and 2. Change the recording method to AVI. Once I made these two simple changes, it worked absolutely fine and has done so since. So, all I can say is don't be put off by the bad reviews - if these reviewers had spent 5 minutes searching for answers to the problems via the internet, they would have been happy customers too.
on 4 June 2011
i found this product great, very easy to set up i didnt have to go on youtube to view a guide to setting it up, so easy! all composite cables are included.

Before i used to capture with a dazzle, i made 3 videos with it then had a break of recording and desided if i want to record i want to play and record in HD. Roxio game capture lets you do that BUT it doesnt upload in HD, only in 480p. but as long as i can play in HD and record and is £90 cheaper than the HD Pvr i feel it was well worth my money..
55 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2012
I purchased this around a year ago and have used it ever since, the setup is really easy (providing you have the appropriate cables) and it is a nice small, stylish box which doesn't take up too much space. i use this for my youtube videos but am looking to upgrade to a HD-PVR as the downside to this product is it only captures standard def and in this modern HD world a standard def capture card will soon become a thing of the past, but this a must have if you are new to capturing games, i would recommend NO OTHER PRODUCT to start out with as i have had nothing but good results from this and the price is excellent compared to other cards of the same quality, the software that comes with the card is excellent and VERY easy and fast to use which is a bonus for all people looking to upload lots of content, another added privilege is no need for a socket as this will run straight from your PC/Laptop, great starter product with excellent results, good quality output and well worth the money, 4*.
on 7 December 2011
To start of with this item came very fast within 18 hours of the initial order, it was bought as a present for me for my birthday. i was originally swayed away from the product due to some reviews that i did not look into, and was going to go for the PVR gaming edition, but being nearly 4x more expensive than this product i decided to go for the roxio. i checked all the comments for low ratings to discover that most of the problems where all user-based and none where product based, the ones that where product based had the Amazon saying they will send a replacement free of charge, most of the reviewers would be using laptops. as i have access to both having testing both laptop and a very high spec gamin PC ( AMD Hexa-core @ 3.5GHz and 8GB DDR3 Ram). the program ran so smooth and capture was crystal clear and audio synced. to dis-miss another user based problem (the audio) their is a tab on the capture application (under the video window) that will mute the sound from your console on the computer but still record the audio, or you could just turn down the volume) When using this program with my laptop (Intel Duo-Core @3.0GHz and 3GB DDR2 RAM) the program was unresponsive and froze my laptop. DONT buy this if you don't intend on using it on a desktop, and also remember the other brands will not work on your laptop either, the software is amazing and simple to use, install takes 5-10 mins and does require a restart. my only negative view is the you-tube upload is limited to either 1028mb or 10 mins length ( you can just upload via browser anyway so this is not a real issue for me ) as for the 100000000% bass increase, when you publish the video, normalize the audio.... it is that simple. i hope this helps in your decision.
on 2 January 2013
This is possibly the biggest waste of £60 i have ever spent. I have heard the saying that you get what you pay for, but it is not the case with this product. Th software is a nightmare and unless you have a compuer with about 600 giga bytes hardrive and about 8 gig ram, this is defonatly not for you. The setup is painful, the software and amount of Lag recieved on the software is like something from a horror movie. I have a £30 capture card that is like Pandora compared to this pile of junk, and that capture card is bad... the help assistants are time wasters, i would rather sit talking to a gremlin asking for advice.

Im asking for a refund... listen to my advice! I dont want you following my footsteps...
on 13 November 2012
this is a fantastic product that does the job. I use it to record my Xbox Gameplay, if you would like to see the type of qualtiy it produces at default (no editing enhance for quality, no tweaking etc.) then check out some of my videos (my commentaries are also recorded using the capture card) [...]

For the first three days, i was ready to throw it out the window! it wasn't recording to the best of it's ability and there was also problems with recording & audio speeding up and slowing down. If you want my advice for making youtube videos (and im sure lots of others will say the same thing) Select AVI format. After the first month with this product, its been fantastic, there is no problem with the audio what so ever! Definitely the best choice if you are starting out on youtube!!
on 12 October 2015
This device allow you to capture footage from your Xbox 360 or PS3 to your PC for uploading to YouTube or streaming to sites like Twitch.
Does this device do all the things it claims to above? Yes, but only just. It captures at 480p. Most gaming videos are at least 1080p and YouTube are sure to be the pioneers of 4K quality once 4K hardware becomes more prevalent.
While the quality offered by this device is reasonable for a total newcomer to game capture, it should be viewed as a device aimed at someone who wants to learn how game capture works without spending big.
Similarly, the software that comes with this package is good, but it's not the greatest. Again it's ideal fro a newcomer to pick up the basics of video production. Bare in mind there are better freeware software out there, albeit more advanced, such as Lightworks.
The only reason you should be buying this is if you really can't stretch to the cost of a 1080p capture device as the final footage produced by this device is sure to disappoint.
on 17 February 2012
I thought i'd give my opinion on this capture card after reading the reviews on this site. The one star reviews your reading off people having problems with lagging and audio that constantly changes pitch, are because their computer isnt powerful enough to run the software that is bundled with the capture card. If you are having problems with this there are plenty of freeware tv card capture programs which do the same thing, with much better results. Try downloading a bunch and see which ones best for you.
This is a decent card if you dont use the software it comes with. The reason it lags so bad on the software is because it's trying to record everything at the highest resolution possible, which produces file sizes much too big for youtube anyway unless you want to be uploading for a week solid.

Buy this card, use different software
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse