on 26 September 2011
Great TV, very easy to set up. Haven't used the internet bit as you need to buy a dongle for this if your internet point is not right beside your TV - didn't realise this when I bought it! Picture quality is good and remote is easy to use.
on 21 December 2011
Decided to go ahead and buy this despite some of the negative comments, because with the cashback it is very good value. It's primarily for my son to play Xbox 360 games with, so we were pleased suggestions that the TV created a lag in response time seem unfounded. Also, although the sound is not the best - restricted, it's totally acceptable, and I'm hoping the sound will grow bigger with use (like on my other Sony TV). The picture on the HD Channels look great - I'm particularly impressed with the colours. We set it to 'vivid' to get more contrast.

Set-up was very easy, and it was just a matter of minutes before it was fully tuned, we were receiving the HD channels, and Xbox Live was working. We may well get the netgear dongle to get network wifi connection. It also looks very smart.

The one negative has nothing to do with the TV, but Amazon and Citylink. I'm guessing it must be to do with the Christmas post, as nobody else has mentioned delivery problems. I ordered this on 15th December with Amazon Prime, and that's when my card was debited. It was due to arrive on the 16th, but in the end it only arrived on the 20th - and totally out of the blue. Despite a lot of time spent on the phone getting through to Amazon and Citylink, neither of them could tell me why it hadn't been delivered, or when I could expect it to be delivered. The tracking info was totally unhelpful, suggesting the TV had done a roundtrip to London from Kettering and back. I find this unaceptable for this kind of item, and it was total luck I was there to receive the package. (Ironically, on the day it was meant to be delivered, an Amazon courier emailed me the precise time slot for a delivery which I thought might be the TV, and which turned out to be a DVD that they posted through the letterbox!)
on 1 December 2011
This telly is good value. It's easy to set up has good picture. I thought it sounded tinny at the start but I don't notice anything different now. The Internet is easy to use. The only thing is it's slow process inputting text when needed as you are not using a physical keyboard. Having iplayer is good for catch up although I have that with bt vision now. I certainly would recommend it but it depends how long it will last. I bought an LG for same price my previous tv and it lasted 2 years. So will need to wait and see.
on 5 November 2011
I ordered this product and it arrived at 8.30pm the following morning (ordinary free delivery), It was very easy to set up. We did, however, have a problem with setting up internet TV using the Sony Dongle (also ordered from Amazon) so I telephoned Sony themselves. They were incredibly helpful and spoke to a guy (speaking from Egypt apparently) and he said he would stay on the telephone until we had it running correctly. I would certainly recommend this TV. Brilliant picture and no 'freezing' (fingers crossed).
on 1 January 2012
I have never been one for writing reviews but having just got this delivered after securing one for £279 in the boxing day deals, I am simply blown away, I am sure there are people with technical stats who can point to other TV's but for me I am amazed what sony have done, firstly DLNA works easily just download Serviio, it is free and even SOny recommend that home server, watched Lovefilm last night after getting 3 free months from Amazon, streamed fine, though I do have a 17MB connection, was a little bit of a pain setting up as you have to link Lovefilm to your SOny account which at the time I did not have, so had to register to Sony then back to Lovefilm. The picture looks excellent, but I did play with it, found the stock picture a little dark, sound is fine to me again once I played with it, I found the stock sound tinny, but all was simple to change, the 3d surround seemed to make a big positive difference, My Wife things the remote is too big, and in some ways I agree, it has a concave to it and it does feel large, it is very light though so is very easy to hold, all in all very pleased, and can not think of anything I would change at this point, possibly what may annoy if Sony does not allow Netflix on to the Internet suite, I dont want to be stuck with Lovefilm.
on 21 November 2011
On the recommendation of my son I bought a Sony tv from Amazon.
The tv is excellent and very easy to set up....no men required!(Aside from my 7 year old grandson who came in handy for reading the small print)
Picture quality is good and it has a range of "ooh, I didn't know it did that" amazing extras such as turning off the screen if it can't detect your face.
I would certainly recommend this tv to anyone
on 26 November 2011
The Tele was really easy to set up. I LOVE the picture quality and the sound quality is not bad either. The only things I can grumble about is the "wireless", which you need to spend more money to get (luckily my Tele is right neear my rougher so I am now using a wired internet connection)and the remote control (it seems a bit cheap in build). Apart from that I am VERY happy with this Tele.
on 16 October 2011
I purchased this particular TV purely because Amazon described it as an internet TV with 'built-in wireless'.
When I tried to connect to the internet however, I discovered that a USB adaptor was required at an extra cost.
Whereas the TV itself is good quality, it does not serve the purpose I bought it for and is very misleading in its description on Amazon.
on 19 November 2011
I bought this for my mother it is excellent has good picture / sound quality and although it has many aspects that my elderly mother will not use, internet usb ports ect it is quite simple to operate. A good alround tv.
The delivery arrived when stipulated and was very quick.
on 1 November 2011
Sony KDL40CX520BU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Internet Ready TV with FreeviewI'm a bit surprised a quality which this multimedia TV can offer for reasonable price. Nice, crisp screen. Internet services working fine. Highly recommend.