Customer reviews

4,485

on 21 December 2015
First Impressions; It's all about the bass, the bass. For the price, great sound.

What's in the box;
- JVC Xtreme Earphones
- Various sized earbuds
- Carrying case

What I love;
+ Good Looking/ Stylish design
+ Okay Quality (not the best, but they work!)
+ Comes with a case
+ Well-Known brand

What could be improved;
- The cable is simply awful, it would be so much better if it was braided!

Conclusion; For the price, It's all about the bass, the bass. The quality of materials is not superb, however; for under £15 I would not expect that. I am genuinely pleased with these earphones.
on 8 March 2015
These are by far the best in ear headphones I've ever owned. The sound quality is on par with my Beats in ears and these earphones have lasted a good while and no quality has been lost. These earphones stay firmly in your ear even with the slightest force from running.

A downside to in ear headphones like these is that you're more than likely to get wax build up and oils from your hands in your ears, which obviously don't bode well for those who don't like having to maintain earphones all the time. This is easily ammended by purchasing larger earbuds that don't rest all the way in your ear but rather at the edge.

I don't expect to be replacing these any time soon but if I do it will be with another brand new pair of the very same.
on 21 August 2016
These JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosives are probably one of the best pairs of in-earphones you can get for about £15 (Mine were £13.17 at time of purchase). They're bigger than some in-ear styles but thats with good reason as the 10mm drivers are extremely good at bass delivery and treble is to match. Despite their size the in-ears are well balanced with the right size ear buds. 3 sizes are given as is the norm with most in-ears. The small case is quite handy however feels a little cheap but strong enough.

I have used many in-ears by JVC, my previous pair being HA-FX10s, these HAFX1Xs are double the size (See photo). However, if you're looking for a smaller pair with decent bass response then I do recommend the HA-FX10s.
review image
on 27 July 2016
They were bought for my son. Arrived the next day as I would expect as a Prime member. He said they were comfortable and sounded really good. He is fussy about sound so if he says they sounded good, they did.
on 2 June 2017
Easily the most rugged well made earphones you can buy for the price. They are insanely good value for money. Good thick tough cable. Cable is the perfect length and doesnt seem to tangle easily. Red cable sticks out like a sore thumb in your bag or among all your other black and white cables.
Great carry case - Beefy earphones that are made to last.
Comes with small, medium and large rubber cups for your ears.
Great sound from these (however i have changed the default rubber caps to the supplied larger size to fit my big ears).
Buy them! you wont regret!
on 24 October 2015
I bought these earphones a year ago and have used them so so. Recently i went for a walk and decided to listen to some music as I did so.
After 3 miles I came home really fed up. The ear phones would not stay in my ears. Any excuse and they popped out . I nearly threw them in a nearby bucket. It's not that my ears are square or tiny it's the rubber protectors. Well it's back to the drawing board. Dont sugggest you buy them, go for something a bit more expensive. The large jvc xx are good and they dont fall off your head far less your ears!
on 13 March 2012
I bought these after having previously purchased the Shure SE210. I needed a replacement pair because the Shure had done some sterling work but due to some rough handling had gone intermittant on one channel. The JVCs looked a similar beast at half the price. You get what you pay for. I had no problems with the bass/volume mentioned by others. But I did get some crackles at the top range which I would live with if it was just on spoken word (my main listenting) but it did it on some, but not all, music which was distracting. But my main issue is the 'isolation' or lack of it. Insert the earpieces and sound from around the office/home is blocked but the earpieces seem to work their way out very quickly and the surrounding sound seems to be amplified if anything. If only JVC had used the same foam that Shure does (readily moulds to your ear, and expands to a comfortable, tight fit). Tried to use the Shure foam but this does not fit.
These are definitely an in improvment on the earpieces you get for free with players and the like, and are just about worth the price tag, but seems you have to pay a little more if you want the right sort of soundproofing.
on 20 May 2012
Working in an environment full of geeks, I got a few comments on buying these supposedly cheap headphones. After using them for over four months I'm happy to report that they're the best headphones I've had in years. They are comfortable in your ear, with the extra angle making them very snug and easy to insert, they don't make your ears tired after wearing them long hours (I use them at work for 4+ hours in a row), they sound VERY good for their price, the cords don't tangle, they look lovely and most importantly - they haven't broken despite my constant and pretty reckless use of them. The rubber inserts fell off once or twice when I've been particularly cruel with them and I was able to replace them right away to stay for weeks. Very good headphones and definitely a great price for the quality. Highly recommended.

**Update: after stepping on them and pulling the cord with my foot, they finally broke nearly 9 months after buying them. I'm definitely buying these again!
on 16 March 2017
Extremely comfortable, and the bass is ace (see what I did there?).

However, as others have pointed out, the sound elsewhere is lacking, especially in quieter/softer parts. I'm by no means an audio guy, but even I noticed this.
Prefer them to my (superior) SoundMagic E10 set, but purely because they hurt my ears (due to being metal).
on 28 October 2014
I've been through several earphones since I was a kid and with in-earphones becoming more popular these days, the JVC's provide great bass and noise cancellation.

I use this for mainly for listening to Spotify on my phone and haven't had any problems with them (bought in July 2013). I have lost a couple of the rubber supports, but was provided with different sized ones in the package.

For the price, comfort and excellent sound quality, you can't go wrong!

- Update: I accidentally left them in my jeans pocket, but then in the washing machine and tumble dryer and they still work!