on 8 January 2016
I loved both the sound and the feel of them. The build of the product is near faultless and the difficulty in first getting the product out of the packaging was forgotten.

Along with the headphones you also get extra buds to get that comfortable fit in ear and a small storage box to save your headphones from any knocks which is an added bonus.

Sound wise these headphones are faultless. The bass is heavy and deep yet doesn't swallow up subtle mids or highs of the music. These headphones alongside great sound also offer amazing volume. The volume is dangerously loud though so full volume on most mp3 players and phones is not recommended because it will damage your ears. I listen to a wide range of music and these headphones have excelled in all of genres. Of course the fantastic bass of these headphones will compliment dubstep, house, drum & bass or other bass heavy music perfectly. There is no leaking of sound so you can be comfortable in knowing your fellow passenger is not also listening to your embarrassingly bad taste in music.
on 21 December 2015
First Impressions; It's all about the bass, the bass. For the price, great sound.

What's in the box;
- JVC Xtreme Earphones
- Various sized earbuds
- Carrying case

What I love;
+ Good Looking/ Stylish design
+ Okay Quality (not the best, but they work!)
+ Comes with a case
+ Well-Known brand

What could be improved;
- The cable is simply awful, it would be so much better if it was braided!

Conclusion; For the price, It's all about the bass, the bass. The quality of materials is not superb, however; for under £15 I would not expect that. I am genuinely pleased with these earphones.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 August 2017
My teenage son, for whom these were intended, already has the bigger over-ear version of the JVX Xtreme headphones. He needed a new pair of earphones and wanted something with similar bass response. I found these, and he's well happy with them. These are the older, so thicker wire and cool carry case, version in red and black. Good sound, he says, and nice comfortable fit. Not the cheapest earphones, but you get a decent sound out of these for not much more money than a cheapo rubbish set...
on 8 December 2017
I dont see how you can wrong with these. The quality exceeds expectations of a ten quid pair of in ears.
The cable is of better quality than usual giving a more robust feel.
The ear buds fit snugly and are comfortable to wear for decent periods of time.
The sound quality again is better than i thought. Its not audiophile but very clear indeed and the bass is flipping unreal for their size.
Overall i can recommend these and think they are excellent value for money.

Additionally something that does not always get mentioned they have a very slimline jack plug meaning they will fit all phones while they are still in their case.
I have found that if the phones or buds have a big jack plug, a lot of phone cases do not allow for this and you have to peel it back to get the plug in.
on 2 June 2017
Easily the most rugged well made earphones you can buy for the price. They are insanely good value for money. Good thick tough cable. Cable is the perfect length and doesnt seem to tangle easily. Red cable sticks out like a sore thumb in your bag or among all your other black and white cables.
Great carry case - Beefy earphones that are made to last.
Comes with small, medium and large rubber cups for your ears.
Great sound from these (however i have changed the default rubber caps to the supplied larger size to fit my big ears).
Buy them! you wont regret!
on 20 August 2015
They really are loud, I'd check the db on these, taking into consideration that they are earphones and not headphones. But aside from that, they perform exceptionaly well, the only problems I've ever had with these earphones (and I've had 2 pairs before) is that it's somewhat easy to tangle the wires, and thus makes it more likely that you'll lose a bud or two when trying to unravel them.

Sound quality is great for the price, the bass comes from their in ear design, but they can pump out digital bass too, their trebbles are in the mid range and compliment the over all sound.

An utter and absolute bargain.
on 14 October 2017
The bass on these small things is incredible. I was shocked when I first used them. Some reviews are saying that other aspects of the audio isn't too good; but honestly, if you're not an audiophile, you really won't notice - I certainly didn't. This is now my 4th pair; I just can't get enough of them, which is saying something, as I'm always looking for different and better things.
I just wish the earphones included clips for the wires to make sure the wires don't become tangled or break prematurely; but apart from that, I'm very glad I decided to purchase these.
on 20 May 2012
Working in an environment full of geeks, I got a few comments on buying these supposedly cheap headphones. After using them for over four months I'm happy to report that they're the best headphones I've had in years. They are comfortable in your ear, with the extra angle making them very snug and easy to insert, they don't make your ears tired after wearing them long hours (I use them at work for 4+ hours in a row), they sound VERY good for their price, the cords don't tangle, they look lovely and most importantly - they haven't broken despite my constant and pretty reckless use of them. The rubber inserts fell off once or twice when I've been particularly cruel with them and I was able to replace them right away to stay for weeks. Very good headphones and definitely a great price for the quality. Highly recommended.

**Update: after stepping on them and pulling the cord with my foot, they finally broke nearly 9 months after buying them. I'm definitely buying these again!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 March 2017
Extremely comfortable, and the bass is ace (see what I did there?).

However, as others have pointed out, the sound elsewhere is lacking, especially in quieter/softer parts. I'm by no means an audio guy, but even I noticed this.
Prefer them to my (superior) SoundMagic E10 set, but purely because they hurt my ears (due to being metal).
on 8 July 2016
These plug your ears well and secure, have a long and decent length cord and come with a handy box to keep them in to stop them tangling. I keep these in a bag with other things and the box becomes a perfect companion. Not once have they become tangled. These drown out the sound better than any others I have tried. I have just bought my second set.