Customer reviews

1,047
Style: 2 Button - Wireless|Change

This is a review of the "Expert" Bluetooth USB/mouse (Amazon have mixed up all Kensington mice reviews for some reason).

If you have some kind of physical problem using ordinary mice, then I imagine this would be really good owing to its size, but for me it is not at all pleasant to use. I'm used to trackballs, also owning a Logitech - and that is far easier and smoother to use. The scroll ring on this is notchy in various places when it really should be smooth. This makes it difficult to use and feel very cheap. The whole thing is massive, 12x16cm (about 5"x6"), and far larger with the wrist rest, of course. Altogether, for the high price, I was expecting something special - but no. I cannot recommend this unless you really cannot use normal mice.
on 19 September 2012
I was surprised how big this was as it looked in the picture that it was moulded to fit the hand (possibly a very big hand)I also thought it was unfortunate that the ball was not held it and although it did not come out in normal use it was easy for it to fall out when carrying / storing the track ball. In use it has a very smooth scrolling action. It worked straight out of the box (It had both PS/2 and usb plugs although I did not try the PS/2.)If you want to reprogramme the buttons for instance changing the left and right over or have an option when you press both buttons you have to download additional drivers they however worked well (I have Win 7 ). I liked this a lot and thought it well made, it would however have benefited from a scroll wheel as this ommission made it less useful.
on 28 July 2017
Big and clunky [but I expected that] scroll ring feels loose but works. Even with my male adult sized hands the buttons and ball are too big. I bought this to replace a Kensington Orbit wireless track ball because I didn't like the touch sensitive scroll ring and wanted 4 buttons........I REALLY MISS MY MICROSOFT TRACKBALL EXPLORER!
on 20 September 2017
Really fasat delivery and very nce trackball. Because it is larger than the average trackball it actually supports the hand nicely. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a back button that I have got used to with my old one and I keep forgetting and trying to use what isn't there...
Other than that I can't fault it and highly recommend it to anyone that prefers trackballs to mice
on 22 March 2017
Plug and Play on XUbunto ok even I could not find settings. The Ball and the Ring works fine but
the buttons only work at the very front and are far apart. Maybe good if you have large hands even mine are not small.
I would look for better but I guess the prices is ok.
I use it now with both hands.
on 17 April 2017
It is a great concept and I really like how this type of mouse improves my workflow. I wish there would be more mice like this on the market but this one is far from being perfect. It's made out of cheap plastic and it could use a bit more designing. The soft pad for resting your wrist attaches to the mouse in a very diy manner. There's basically a separate piece of plastic connecting the two parts (mouse and the pad) and it falls off every time you move the mouse. It looks more like a prototype...
on 24 August 2017
reason for only 3 stars is for the lack of a wheeled scroll which my other wired track ball has. this scroll is not not as positive as I liked.but otherwise the item is ok for using as portable away from home location where I will continue to use the wired version of the trackball at home.
on 14 August 2017
Brilliant, I much prefer this to a mouse. Though as always Y.M.M.V. For me it works well and the scroll ring is very useful just don't forget to download and install the trackworks software from the Kensington website or it will drive you nuts with unpredictable scrolling and pointer operation.
on 24 May 2017
This trackball is really good. I would say excellent or perfect except for one tiny flaw. Usint the scroll crown is not as smooth as I would like, but it always works. It just feels a bit bumpy.
The ball is really smooth though and I use it professionally all day every day with no ergonomic issues.
It's also very easy to clean.
If it breaks, I will buy this product again, if it's available.
on 22 October 2014
Running in Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit, works out of the box except for middle button press.

To enable make sure dconf-editor is installed (sudo apt-get dconf-editor)
open dconf-editor and peruse org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.mouse
tick to select middle-button-enabled

Pressing both buttons simultaneously enables middle button action.

Very comfortable, and great for avoiding wrist strain.